1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Liked anything that you read here? You may nominate it as the Finest Posts!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

confused on whether to do Csection or normal

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by nimmimoorthy, Jan 20, 2010.

  1. nimmimoorthy

    nimmimoorthy Platinum IL'ite

    Messages:
    1,776
    Likes Received:
    2,048
    Trophy Points:
    283
    Gender:
    Female
    Hi,

    Iam now 35 weeks pregnant.This is my second pregnancy.
    My first pregnancy was 2 yrs before which was Csection. During that time (after 41 weeks)since pain didnot come, i was induced. Water broke, but only 4cms dialated even after 10 hrs.So they did Emergency Csection.
    Now, private doctor is advising me to do C section and my relatives are also advising to do C section since the gap is only 2 yrs.
    But, in Kuwait, in goverment hospitals they try for normal delivery till 41 weeks.Goverment doctor is saying that if the baby is not too big they can try for normal.Now the baby is weighing 2.6 kgs.

    Anyhow they are giving me a chance to opt for normal or Csection.

    Now, I have to decide.

    I am confused. Please pour in your views.
     
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
    Loading...

  2. Happysoul1234

    Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

    Messages:
    1,645
    Likes Received:
    94
    Trophy Points:
    103
    Gender:
    Male
    Here in the USA, if the mother has had a failed induction leading to a c-section the first time around, she is not allowed to go for a vaginal birth. I do not agree with this, but this is the norm here.

    In my case, my waters broke at 37 weeks, and after 12 hours of induction, I had dilated just 4 cms so had to have a c-section. now my gyn has strictly refused to try for a vaginal birth if I ever have a 2nd kid.
     
  3. mridusudha

    mridusudha Silver IL'ite

    Messages:
    1,269
    Likes Received:
    36
    Trophy Points:
    83
    Gender:
    Female
    I don't agree with this...There is no hard and fast rule that one is "not allowed" to have a VBAC. I think it depends on the doctor...

    I have few friends here in the U.S who have had successful VBAC's for their 2nd baby...

     
  4. Happysoul1234

    Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

    Messages:
    1,645
    Likes Received:
    94
    Trophy Points:
    103
    Gender:
    Male
    I am just mentioning here what 3 different doctors have told me. The situation is dependent upon the 1st delivery. I am very keen for a vbac for my 2nd delivery if there is ever one, but so far, I have not been able to find a single doctor in the bay area who is willing to let me try.
     
  5. mridusudha

    mridusudha Silver IL'ite

    Messages:
    1,269
    Likes Received:
    36
    Trophy Points:
    83
    Gender:
    Female
    Pooja,

    I totally understand what you are saying. Even I had a C-section so I know what you are saying and my biggest fear is ending up in a C-section again (If I have another baby!). But recently this past November my friend had a successful VBAC and that gives me even more hope that VBAC is possible...I guess one needs to find the right doctor who is willing to try VBAC...

    Good luck in finding one!
     
  6. mridusudha

    mridusudha Silver IL'ite

    Messages:
    1,269
    Likes Received:
    36
    Trophy Points:
    83
    Gender:
    Female
    Nimmimoorthy,

    Looks like your doctors are willing to give you an option between Vaginal and C-section..
    Now the question is "what do you want to do?"
    Are you willing to wait 41 weeks if needed and see if you can have a vaginal delivery...It's a 50:50 chance...If you have the will power to do it then I think you should wait and see if you will have the normal delivery...But if you are not strong enough then it's better you do a scheduled C-section...

    If I were you and if I was given a choice between Vaginal or C-section, then I would wait and see if I can have my baby vaginally. But that's just me...

    End of the day all that matters is "Mom and Baby, both should be healthy".

    Good luck in taking the decision.
     
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  7. dubbi

    dubbi Bronze IL'ite

    Messages:
    267
    Likes Received:
    16
    Trophy Points:
    33
    Gender:
    Female
    1 person likes this.
  8. nimmimoorthy

    nimmimoorthy Platinum IL'ite

    Messages:
    1,776
    Likes Received:
    2,048
    Trophy Points:
    283
    Gender:
    Female
    Hi to all,

    Iam having the appointment on 3rd feb. Decision will be taken on that day with the doctor after checkup and discussions.

    I prefer normal delivery than C-section.
     
  9. nimmimoorthy

    nimmimoorthy Platinum IL'ite

    Messages:
    1,776
    Likes Received:
    2,048
    Trophy Points:
    283
    Gender:
    Female
    Hi,

    Had my appointment on 3rd and was again confused on the dr's advice.

    they say both r not going to create problems for me. this completely depends on your wish.

    for my first the reason for csection was that there was no dialation even after medication for more than 12 hrs. they waited and did emergency csection. i dont want to happen this again.
    had a discussion with my family members and have now decided on to do Csection.

    the date will be confirmed on 10th.

    thanks to all for your advices eventhough i decided csection against your advice.
     
  10. hydgrr

    hydgrr Bronze IL'ite

    Messages:
    807
    Likes Received:
    3
    Trophy Points:
    33
    Gender:
    Female
    Hi Nimmi,
    So finally decided on c-section. Just two more days to sede ur LO.
    Good luck.
    -Priya
    [​IMG]
     

Share This Page