1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

confused mom need your help for preschools

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by sknaaz, Apr 12, 2010.

1. sknaaz

sknaaz New IL'ite

my son is 3yr old and iam very confused in choosing among 2 preschools for him to enroll.one is childtime learning center which has spacious rooms and playground.it has lot of branches in US but it doesnt have any reviews on the net despite that it is 25yr old.another is playfactory preschool which is old too and is a non-profit org having small rooms with 15 good reviews.these are the sites to give you an idea.
    Childtime Daycare Center — Educational Child Care Programs for All Ages
    www.playfactorypreschool.org

i liked the environment of childtime but as there are no reviews,kinda worried.playfactory is like related to church and has very small rooms,but has many good reviews.i tried the "Free Day" at childtime and my son did good that day,he dint cry and enjoyed his day.so iam unable to decide whether to trust on what i liked or trust the reviews.
    please please help me.

2. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Why don't you ask the childtime center to give you a couple of parent referrals? Then you can call them and ask them what they like and don't like. You can also hang out in the parking lot during pick up time and ask parents of similar aged children who attend there.

Also does your state have a system where you can see the inspection results of the center online? All commercial child day care centers are subject to licensing and other requirements and this requires that they be inspected by state agencies frequently. The results of those should be available somewhere. Look at those results. The center should also be able to give you a copy of this. Look over the issues to see what were identified - if there were anything major.