1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Confused And Depressed!

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by sensitivegal, Jun 18, 2016.

1. sensitivegal

sensitivegal Silver IL'ite

Dear ladies,
    I am quite new to this forum. I read lot of posts where women share their probkem, how all forum members console, guide and help is truly appreciating!
    Intro about my situation: I am currently at my parents place in india. My husband in usa. It was an arrange marriage. We had fights since beginning of our marriage due to severalbissues like me getting over possessive, aggressive. My husband stubbornness, lonelyness at usa. Majority of fights were caused by me. Exactly one year before my dad met with an accident , so I had to rush to India. Meanwhile my dh lost job due to termination of his prohect . it was tough time. So I stayed in India for some more time. Using this as an advantage my MIL has made my life hell.she has totally brainwashed him in my absence. He is the only son to his parents. She was acting insecure since the begenning .she has told him strictly not to reveal my return journey, in order to infuse fear in me so that I won't quarrel again and learn a lesson. That time it was horrible I didn't knew when I am going back. He kept saying he will come.

Finally, he told he is coming next month( he told this two months back) and after two weeks we both are going to usa. BUT due to his mother brainwash( she has told him not to give any lenience to me because I will sit on his head?!?!, to be strict, make him listen all the time blah blah.. Accordingly he is behaving but to extreams. He doesn't love me, shows concern very rare, acts very egiostic ; if I tell his mistake he won't accept and irritates me to the core. Doesn't encourage. Talks very lil. I am frustrated. I asked him why. He simply says he is normal I am only feeling like that. And escapes. I think of divorce as there is no positivity left in marriage. But my parents told me, as he is coming next month, they will discuss with him and his parents, try to convince and advise him this is not ok. May be when i am with him, in law intereference will be reduced.

He as person was caring, loving before , he is supoortive enough for my career, doesnt have EMA, nor does he physically abuses. He got his new job early september last year. But i am facing above stated problems since one year. It is suffocating. Literally no positivity in marriage. My parents are telling me to wait and give a chance! I am confused and depressed. Sorry for the long post. Need your suggestions. Thanks