Confused about career choice - please help

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by amazing, Dec 9, 2009.

1. amazing

amazing New IL'ite

:bonk:hide:Hello, everybody hoping 4 good response and advice.
    I am 24 yrs old, married. i got married in my last semester m.sc in 2007.after my marriage i couldt complete my m.sc as now i m completing it, have no intreste in completing it but for degree sake i m doing it.that time i wanted do something and get job bcoz i was feeling i couldt achieve anything in my life so my hubby was in software and i also wanted to software testing course, i did c langauge and course in software testing but the time i finished there was recession going on, i lost hope. then decided to do something else ,i took admission for diploma in hr through distance learnig as i wanted to do job, i workesd as recruiter in placement consultancy, now i will be completing in this dec. but the problem is that i have still hope for doing in software but as im graduate in chemistry i am not sure will i get a call,i had gap so i have to recollect what i have learnt. so totally im confused and stressed, what to do, im not able to decide which carrer to choose. hoping 4 help.:thumbsup

2. sailingboat

sailingboat Senior IL'ite

IT has lot of competition. There are many people who dont have jobs even with experience. As your major is in chemistry, you could easily find laboratory jobs like histology technician, or even in pharmacies. Though the salaries may not be as high as IT but these jobs are very secure. You dont have to learn new technologies with changing economy as in IT. If i have your background, i would have gone for chemistry related jobs.

3. amazing

amazing New IL'ite

Re: confused plEAS help

thanks alot for your advice.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2009
  4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

amazing,

Welcome to thie forum.

Please go through the forum guidelines . you can note that sms style and chat stlye words are not allowed.