1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Confused About Calling Parents To Us For Delivery

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Prabh, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Prabh

Prabh New IL'ite

Hello everyone

Looking for suggestions
    In short can describe the whole situation

We are expecting our first baby in july end.
    We are actually staying in 1 bhk so we thought earlier that we ll not call anyone either my parents or my in laws for delivery as its difficult to manage in 1 bhk and that too with newborn.

So, for safer side in case of emergency if we have to call we intiated visa Process for my parents as they are retired and can come anytime. ( my inlaws visa is still in process, we are applying for them also but as they are working our preference is my parents).

So,now the confusion came that we got to know about availability of one of the apartment 2 bhk we are looking for is available from August so,we are going to shift there in August. My husband asked me today that now we can call your parents in july starting as only 1 month adjustment will be there and then we can move to another apartment and this way u will also be comfortable.

Now am confused weather to call them or not at this point my confusions are
    1. They will be more than happy to come i ll be more than happy to call them but if they come at this time they will only be staying at home taking care of me and my child... We ll not be able to take them to places so that they can visit US..

It was my wish i make my parents visit different places here wenever they come.
    So plz guide

2. One way i think that it is precious moment that i always wanted my parents to be at my side wen i deliver and now if this is the case it can happen why i am stil confused...

Please guide....
    Thanks

2. stilldeshi

stilldeshi Senior IL'ite

From my experience, go ahead and get them over. Look at their point of view. Birth of a grand child is more important than going to different places. You all will also have everlasting memory and easy for you and ofcourse baby as well.
    All the best, relax and take it easy. Enjoy every step of pregency.

3. aspha

aspha Gold IL'ite

Agree with @stilldeshi. grand-kid is most precious and they see your childhood through their grand-kids. Also, Its always good to have extra helping hand during the most crucial times of our lives!
    I have seen both sets of parents staying with the couple in 1 BHK along with the new born :fearscream:(though not recommended)

4. Cool10

Cool10 Silver IL'ite

They can do both during their trip. In the first half they can look after you and your LO. Before their return, you can book them some tours and travel which will take them to various places. Also weekends before your delivery, you can send them for short 2 day trips, while your H can take care of you.

5. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Congratulations on your pregnancy and wishes for a safe and smooth child-birth :)

If parents are willing and you are in a position to sponsor their trip, you should definitely have them by your side. Having your mom by your side is a great feeling. As you are going to shift to 2 bHK soon, it wouldnt really be inconvenient to them to share spaces for a month.

Do not feel bad about no trips etc. You can have your DH take them to local tourist spots or even places like the library,supermarkets during the weekends.

If you are on the East Coast and if your parents are able to, you can consider having them take the bus to visit various places. A friend's parents took the bus to visit Boston and Washington when they lived in New Jersey.

JGVR likes this.
  6. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

It depends on persons how much u all 4 can adjust, some people can't adjust in sleeping living room , u know ur parents . Any way u move , u call them after moving to 2 bed room house

7. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Op, Your husband is right in telling to call your parents in July. For a month you can get by. Then when you shift it will be easier on everybody with baby and parents with space. As much as you are excited to have your parents see places, you wont be able to do it for atleast a month or 2 after baby is born depending on your recovery and how baby is. So put that thought aside for time being.

Since you have time now, start researching for travel deals and make a list. Depending on climate and proximity start with the closest first. Since the baby will be young you can finish near ones soon. As and when baby gets older you can take overnight stay vacations with your parents. Now everywhere you get suite hotels so tending to baby wont be difficult during long trips.Dont stress and let your parents enjoy sufficient time with grandkid. Take it one day at a time. Good Luck and Congrats on pregnancy.

8. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Visitor visa will be for 6 months, so Initial 3 months till you recover they can look after you and your baby....last 3 months you can arrange for some site seeing for them....

Justanotherwife likes this.