Confidence Booster

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by messedup, May 5, 2018.

1. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Hello ladies...

I need your help. I am planning to apply for job after 7 years of staying as sahm. I am getting very nervous and tensed even before going for any interview or even applying for anything. I am getting all the feelings of proving myself fool in interview. I hope you all will understand.

I just want to request all confident ladies here to please help me boost up my confidence with encouraging words or any of your personal experience that can give me more positive energy to face the upcoming challenges.

Thanks to all of you.

2. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

No reply at all:thinking::cool:

3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

best way to boost confidence is facing your fears.
    when I mean facing your fears,do it with a open mind.It is great if you win,else also ok.
    with a neutral attitude and zilch expectations.

You will definetly get a job but think every interview is a learning process.
    What's your worst fear?Think about it.I have been to interviews before when people told me right to my face that I am incapable and useless but later on in one of the companies I won a small award for best employee.

I fail to believe anybody is a fool.Just coz one rocks at a particular field and we do not know anything about it, does not mean one is a fool.You may be talented elsewhere.Just tap that.

No matter what happens,you are no less than anyone.

In the end,results does not matter but there will be NO REGRET coz you TRIED.

Good luck.JUST GO WITH THE FLOW.LET GO and attend the interview.good luck.

GeetaKashyap, shravs3 and messedup like this.
  4. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Thanks dear...I know there is nothing to get scared of. The maximum thing that can happen is I will not get any job. But still staying at home made me very different and there is fear of not showing that level of confidence that I can see in the eyes of working women. May sound funny but I am feeling lots of fast heart beats by just thinking about it. I have to control that. Thank you for these words. It really mean a lot.

GeetaKashyap and anika987 like this.
  5. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

:clap2: Very true !
    Albert Einstein wrote, “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

6. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Dear m...

It is natural to feel nervous. You will also have many doubts. Brush up your knowledge and make sure you are relaxed and presentable. Remember that you may have lost out on professional experience but you have gained very precious life experience in these 7 years as a wife, dil n mother. In short, you have gained experience in dealing with things patiently , being resourceful and stretching yourself beyond duty to meet the ends etc. This too is strength.

The worst that can happen is you may not do very well or get the job in the very first attempt but you will still get the valuable experience! Believe in yourself. It is a matter of time before you relearn the ropes of your professional field and become a full fledged professional working woman.

All the best.

sindmani, anika987 and messedup like this.
  7. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for the reply dear...yes you are right...I got many strengths by doing new roles in life and it may help me on professional ground too...thank you.