1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Confessions of a DIL

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by beingloved, Apr 11, 2013.

1. ohara

ohara Gold IL'ite

MIL would retire to her room pretending to be v.tired but as soon as her Dasarath(DH)/Ram (DS) return from work, she comes running down to them. This way, I would never get a chance to even have dinner with my DH. This continued until a couple of months ago.
    Now when she is in her room, I call DH and find out when he is coming home and just a few minutes before I take my son upstairs on the pretext of taking something from my room. My DS will then run to his grammy's room, bang on the door until she opens it and will quickly run inside. After that, when my DH comes home, poor MIL will try to come downstairs but my son wont allow her. Here, me and DH will have dinner together, chat together :kiss and there, MIL would be coaxing her grandson "Kanna, Daddy has come. Let's go downstairs". :biggrin2:

20 people like this.
  2. jaanu143

jaanu143 Gold IL'ite

Take care so that this does not effect ur relation with DS....He should not feel u r nelecting him.....

3. GodIsOne

GodIsOne Gold IL'ite

OliveOyl,

Please don't think that I am trying to read between lines. Kids understand everything and this might give an inferiority complex to your son. He might even start to dislike you.

I am all for spoiling your daughter and showering things on her but please avoid comparing them. Your son might start hating his sibling too.

1 person likes this.
  4. snm1984

snm1984 Platinum IL'ite

My Mil's first b'day(after marriage) came a couple of days after she went and spread lies and complaints about me to my own relatives.I was a very sensitive person then and I really broke down after hearing that,my H too felt very sympathetic.Then my sorrow turned to anger and I showed my evil side.

I was in no mood to wish her b'day in fact I felt like slapping her that day but I called her.Her highness didn't pick up,later she said she was very upset with me it seems.Normally I never bother to call people after 2 rings,but that time I purposefully called her like 10 times.When Dh came in the evening I showed him my call log and told him how much times I called and she never picked up.A couple of days after her B'day Dh decided to go alone to his mom's place(another town).The night before when he was packing to leave,I gift wrapped a present and gave it to my Dh and told him to give it to his mother as if we both gifted her.I think he was touched and he said"Oh when did you buy it,you bought it yourself?"I gave a careless shrug and said "Yeah".

Well the truth is I was in no mood to gift her wasting my precious time and money for that woman.The gift was actually one of my reception gifts-it was a cute little temple model which lit up with lights when plugged.I am not a very spiritual person,I had no use for it nor my parents and it didn't come from anyone close/special.So I came up with this last minute plan to add the final touches to my evil plan to get full sympathies of my Dh.:)
    It worked wonders,although he admitted it much later-he really blasted her.Never before had he spoken so harshly to his mother and it seems she burst into tears. Of course the good son in him couldn't bear that,but he distanced himself from her for a long time after that. Lol I am really EVIL.

23 people like this.
  5. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

LOL !! Kill with kindness Snm :) Sometimes, in-spite of ranting here and all the advises of standing up, I feel showing extreme, incomprehensible altruism is the only way to tackle such MIls and mommy's boy DHs.

6 people like this.
  6. kishoremommy

kishoremommy Platinum IL'ite

Yes.

Olive Oyl,You can try this method.Playlully let your son pamper his sis.You and your kids play together and spend the time happily.

Let your FIL know that you treat both your kids equally and the the kids love each other.

If DIL has good time ,particularly with her kids and DH ,that itself is enough to irritate bad In laws.

Note:

Any good inlaw will be happy to see the younger generation happy.

7. pkamaths

pkamaths Silver IL'ite

hey bubblygal,
    your witty replies are just too good..... and you made you mil say "sorry" thats great achievement....

1 person likes this.
  8. pkamaths

pkamaths Silver IL'ite

hey soulful,
    how many years of training did you attend under your mil guidance... am into 5 years of marraige and still feel like doormat....

9. snm1984

snm1984 Platinum IL'ite

This is "killing with sympathy" shreya.:) I don't know why but that woman disgusted me so much in just 3 months into marriage that I really stopped tackling or caring for her.Only thing I care about tackling is my H and in my 2 yrs of marriage I have learnt creating sympathy(Sorrowful face,fake crying,act hurt,silent treatments..)is what works best with him.And I learn't this from none other than his mother.I hate it and feel guilty for stooping to her lvl but a stressful marriage brings out the worst in a girl.I don't use this weapon often,only if the situation is really serious and all talks end in fights.

10 people like this.
  10. santhoshsmiley

santhoshsmiley New IL'ite

good topic , hope lots of truth will come out