1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Confessions of a DIL

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by beingloved, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

Jealousy because most of us met the ferocious lion in its den unarmed (pre IL).
    And we came out blown to smithereens and no victory to gloat about. :-(

Hey dg, Do the crime (of marrying), do the time...:rant:rant

5 people like this.
  2. lucky2

lucky2 Platinum IL'ite

I have my share of story too...last year when we visited india,i was made to stay at in laws place for first 2 days..1st day they offered food and I took rest and 2nd day she askd to make breakfast myslf..
    as I got used to cooking on electric stoves in US and switched on the gas stove and attended my 4 month old kid upstairs and mil noticed gas was leaking and she askd me not to go near kitchen and I never felt like helping her in kitchen and she never ever askd me ..fil and mil were going to attend marriage and asked me to cook food for ourselves and asked my husband to assist me..
    sometimes I feel ignorance is a bliss :)

4 people like this.
  3. kishoremommy

kishoremommy Platinum IL'ite

Only once I took revenge and you can see the result.

All my gadgets-TV,Mixie,Grinder,Fridge are in good condition for 11 years.Mean while ,in MIL's house,they have changed three grinders,2 mixies,2 T.V within this span.

Last year ,during his visit,FIL asked me ,"See,you are using the same grinder and mixie for 11 years.In our house the 3rd grinder is not working.Your MIL is asking for another ultra grinder.How much does the grinder cost?"

I replied,"Mine costed around 4000 when we bought it.Maama,actually it is in the hands of the user.If I grind batter in the grinder,I will check it once in a while,clean properly after finishing grinding.MIL and Co sis are not doing so.They sit in front of the TV for hours.So,the coil gets burnt often.I have seen that the grinder drum is yellow in colour due to improper cleaning."

FIL appeared thoughtful and I was so happy that he is going to scold them once he goes to his house.

After three months,during his next visit,FIL told,"Last time you told about grinder isn't it?I thought for a while and we bought ultra grinder with timer.Now they can set the time and grind.The coil won't be damaged.The cost is 7,500."

I was like [​IMG]

19 people like this.
  4. bubblygal

bubblygal Platinum IL'ite

Hehehehehheheehheehe hahahahahahahahahahahaha
    I PROVOKED MY MIL LAST WEEK AND MADE HER SAY I HATE YOU , BANG WINDOWS, WALK OUT OF HER OWN HOUSE!
    ICING ON THE CAKE MADE HER SAY SORRY!
    This is my biggest achievement so in capital letters, i am yet to attack the real culprit!:)

16 people like this.
  5. lifeisajourney

lifeisajourney Silver IL'ite

oh my God Bubbly gal that's sure a big victory to celebrate....

okkkk coming to my story

whenever I visit India and got to in-laws place the servant comes the day I go there and says that she is not coming any more and everytime its me alone to receive the news the king wont be at home. so I cooly listen to her with a big broad smile and for the rest of the day I pile up all the dishes and go around the kidsand my packing and rearranging the luggage and weighing drama continues

by the evening time I make sure I pile up the whole kitchen, pretend very busy in getting the kids ready bid good bye and fly back to my sweet home

all the time the flight will be at 1o clock so the king goes home and does the dishes next day me:coffee:coffee

2 people like this.
  6. beingloved

beingloved Gold IL'ite

Who's the real culprit of its not ur MIL? Ur DH??

7. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

My story now(but only 1 or 2, thank you pals for enlightening me)

MIL used to make me clean even the 2nd floor terrace when I was 5 months pregnant and I was to be in bed rest as per doctor. Ended up in miscarriage, she even to DH that I never even lift my finger for any chores. After few months, I visited DH's native, for a carnival. At least 60 people of the family gather. All orthodoxy followed there. Mopping is done at least thrice a day, and while you mop people would be walking, so you need to do mop for four to five times the same place. Usually 2 of the women folk do it. I snatch the broom and cloth from them(they are all above 50, diabetic, yet do all the work, too nice women). I and DH's cousin would mop. All the day I would be busy in cleaning vessels,hanging out clothes(of all people, with DH's cousin), help all the elderly. After 3 days, when I left all praises of me were sung before DH.

I said to DH on the way home, see except your mom everybody has no grudge against me. Whose fault now? DH could not say anything against his favorite relatives. All those 3 days chores speak for me now and MIL makes it a reason to complain against me, "see she is sweet to everyone, except me"

8 people like this.
  8. wantmyangel

wantmyangel Silver IL'ite

I literally bursted into laughter after reading this post... Its truly amazing!!!

2 people like this.
  9. bubblygal

bubblygal Platinum IL'ite

Nope , been doing my 007 investigation and found out that its my sil whos managing the show!:)

5 people like this.
  10. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

Dear bubbly,

Why 007 investigation, when there is a SIL she is the mischief monger right?(OMG I am gonna be a SIL in a year or two. God bestow me with some right brains)

1 person likes this.