1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Confessions of a DIL

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by beingloved, Apr 11, 2013.

1. monita

monita Platinum IL'ite

I am the forgetful, negligent and careless one in my household. I often forget to put the phone back at it's place, especially when MIL wants to make her secret calls.;-)

6 people like this.
  2. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

CG, count me in... after spending post delivery phase with my MIL, I wish to approach supreme court to make it mandatory to BAN small heart MILs from entering DILs home on pretext of HELP. Also those PILs who'll never allow to hire a maid or leave a conducive environment for a maid to stay.
    Even before I cud wish on how best she shud repay for her meanness, cunningness and heart slicing words.....................

I got the pleasure... a mean pleasure I must confess -
    She loved to have and serve breakfast to everyone the moment I wud step into the bathroom... so that I don't see whats being eaten.... a lot of eatables were coming into the house .....
    Now when u behave as thief ur adrenal is on high... and v less ppl can handle that... she was running to serve bread to her son.... she skid on mat.. bread on son's head.... she flat on floor.... :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl and when I came out of bath... she was lying on my bed and the nanny was attending her... instead of kids.... nanny was giggling... but I cudn't :hiya

6 people like this.
  3. ABairavi

ABairavi Bronze IL'ite

All of a sudden she will come home from hometown. She made sweet pongal for my husband asking me why you dont do sweets at home. my son loves sweets.
    I have not done anything to her but god is with me.

My DH came to dining hall saying 'wow super only you can make such pongal'. She served it with so much pride looking at me and said you can also eat.
    I saw a cockroach in the sweet pongal and said 'oh god cockroach in sweet pongal'. So upset and threw all pongal in dustbin.

:rotfl

5 people like this.
  4. TamBong

TamBong Bronze IL'ite

My MIL takes on this avatar of a saintly MIL in front of SIL and her husband. Initially I was taken aback but later it really started to get on my nerves. Its not that she is a bad person or ill treats me otherwise,but in front of SIL and her husband,she becomes this overtly sweet person that is so hard to digest.

1 person likes this.
  5. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

There's another confession that I have.........

Whenever my PILs say they're leaving... I don't feel striking happiness.. which MIL mentions that I shud be feeling like all other DILs.......

I need to get myself examined :hide: :hide:

1 person likes this.
  6. beingloved

beingloved Gold IL'ite

7. skans

skans Silver IL'ite

My ILs get great pleasure in preventing me from sitting in the front seat of the car with DH. Not that I am dying to sit there, but the whole drama they create is irritating. BIL also gets great pleasure in taking my DS away from me and trying to prove that my DS enjoys his company more than mine. Again, I let it go because I know after a while DS will want to come back to me.
    Last week was my DS's first birthday. BIL and cosis were visiting and we went to the temple together. I always sit with DS in the back seat, so I decided that today is a good time to grab the front seat. While leaving home, I was carrying DS and I pretended that I was having trouble with my footwear. BIL grabbed DS from my arms and ran for the front seat. DH told him he is not allowed in the front seat with the baby and asked him to get in the back. I could not stop smiling at him

2 people like this.
  8. Silentscream

Silentscream Senior IL'ite

Last edited: May 29, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. nb25

nb25 Gold IL'ite

My MIL went ahead and had food without us on the day of our wedding. The wedding ceremony is going on, and she is nowhere to be found. So my FIL decided to go ahead without her. Later, we learnt that she was eating the whole time. After the wedding, our two families were eating, and she was offered food too. She mentioned very proudly that she had eaten while the ceremony was being performed! As if that was a really smart thing to do! I felt so embarrassed when she said it out loud for every one to hear.

I had gone to stay at my in laws' just after my wedding.
    My MIL cooked my DH/FIL/BIL his favourite - dosa for breakfast. She had it too.
    She said - I made it for your DH because its his favourite. You can have bread. I love dosas and mentioned they were my favourites too. Still, she didn't give me any. Pretended not to hear me. My DH was there the whole time. But he said nothing to her, and went ahead and had 2 dosas, without offering me any.
    Seemed rude and made me feel like a total outsider.

No attempts to include me in family. I tried to be respectful and friendly with in laws. My MIL wanted no communication with me at all. She would make me sit in another room while she sat in the living room, while my DH was not present.

She would enter our room (4 - 5 times) without knocking, when we were together. She would also listen in on our private conversations.

And to top it all, after 3 months of marriage, she still has all my jewellery that my husband's relatives gave me on my wedding, though they did not pay a dime for the wedding. She didn't give it to me even when I told her I had opened the locker in my name, for keeping the jewellery, just as she had wanted.

Lately, she has complained to my parents that I am angry with her and don't talk to her. This is not true. She asks me how frequently I call my mother, and expects me to call her as much as I call my mother.

Its just 3 months, and she is pressurizing me to have kids already. She pressurized before too, right after wedding, when DH and I went to stay at her place. She lied to me that it is my parents' wish that I have kids as early as possible.

Earlier, I used to get upset. Now I am learning to not bother and ignore all drama. Also, I got her to apologize for putting pressure on me to get pregnant.

1 person likes this.
  10. Weasly

Weasly Gold IL'ite

My new fav thread!! I am hooked !! You ladies make my day !!