1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Confessions of a DIL

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by beingloved, Apr 11, 2013.

1. coolgal123

coolgal123 Platinum IL'ite

MY MIL was bad with me since very next day of my marriage...nope...since our marriage was fixed she was bad with me....but I took it all with grace till 2 years....I respected her....did whatever she wished...gave gifts whatever she demanded for....never replied back....because I was a fool and never understood that she is doing all this knowingly and intentionally... but during pregnancy time she continued her bad behavior...infact increased it while I expected she should take care of me...that kind of fool I was....but then things started coming in my notice that she is a bad person....
    after delivery she crossed all the limits of meanness...I was so fed up and shocked...on top of it always she was sulking and behaving as if she is the one who is not getting the care which she deserves and she is the victim ....sometimes I used to feel too angry with her that sometimes I wanted to give a hard punch on her nose and break her nose....ya I know it is bad to think in that way...but I still feel that my anger was justified...
    after a month of delivery We went to my hubby's native place for havan(pooja) for my DD's birth... MIL's DD had to return early in the morning....my MIL prepared food for her travel at 2 AM in night...yes 2 am in night
    (while she used to ask me in pregnancy if I will eat anything in lunch? and I was dependent on her as I was on complete bed rest...she didn't let me hire a maid even......)
    so here comes: my SIL was picking the big steel tiffin box from the top shelf in the kitchen and it slipped from her hand and landed directly on my MILs nose.....A big WWWWooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww.......I know its kind of devilish pleasure but I got the same in large amount when I saw her swollen nose:)............hahahaha.....
    I showed some false concern...oh too bad...jor se lag gaya :)....and my MIL was still making faces as if I have done this all ...........
    but I remember this till now ...after around 5 yrs.......when god completed my devlish wish which I coudnt fulfill ever on my own :)...........

15 people like this.
  2. shantana

shantana Platinum IL'ite

i have confessed before that i arranged a small birthday party for my BIL's daughther without inviting my SIL and my MIL sulked the whole evening.
    now for coming mother's day, my SIL had beat me. she msg me last nite for small party and cake cutting at BIL's house this sunday. i replied to her ok.
    she inviting me is not a big deal, because they cant have a party without calling me. Either they will have it at our house or at BIL's house and my co-sister will make sure im there.
    but my SIL informed me early is for her own conveniences too because she doesnt drive and has no money. she will wants me drive to buy the food stuff and also cake for the party on my own money because only me and co-sister drive, she had given birth recently so cant expect her to drive to buy things. so i have already planned to make myself busy on that day and pretend to go just on time for the party and of course i'll give my share.

3. DGcreative

DGcreative Platinum IL'ite

Wow coolgal 1st part is just so my experience...even I have felt a lot of times of giving a hard punch on that nose:hide: that she keeps poking everywhere in my life....

Now I am waiting for my turn for God to fulfil it:hide::hide::rotfl:rotfl

2 people like this.
  4. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

"God helps those who help themselves"

disclaimer: comment made strictly on a lighter note: :-D

2 people like this.
  5. coolgal123

Dear ...you have to wish hard...like me :)......

6. DGcreative

DGcreative Platinum IL'ite

oh huh on second thots she already has a grumpy face....wat wil she be like after a swollen nose???Harhar

7. coolgal123

she will be exactly like my MIL then :) ...........

8. vini31

vini31 Gold IL'ite

I cook only stuff I like, certain dishes and veggies I pretend to forget or bluntly claim I donno how to cook them (eitherwhich ways ILs say my mom has not taught me to cook at all):twisted: ...so I cook only as per my wish, even if a lil is leftover I can still have it for the next meal :)

9. bindaasbol

bindaasbol Bronze IL'ite

So entertaining this thread! Jokes apart it can be really, really frustrating to live under the same roof with in-laws. Mine are just here for a visit but 4 months seems like 40 years to me... time nikal hi nahi raha hai..Sigh

Anyways, I am not exactly a serial wali bahu either ;-) so I wont be surprised to know that they are counting days to go back too... hehehe

My MIL is extremely forgetful, negligent, careless. She puts the stove on high and watched TV, lot of my vessels are burnt :spin she gets so involved in the stupid TV serial that she wont even see me feeding my baby in the sofa right across her. When I keep the baby down to go wash the bottle, he will cry, then she will say "I think he is hungry, is it time for his milk?" :bonk
    So I blatantly lie to her about so many things and everyone blames her without question! Very triumphantly she says "You forgot to put the curry in the fridge no look it is spoiled!", without blinking I say "I told YOU to put it in the fridge last night, YOU forgot! Now look it is spoiled"... look on her face .. :rant
    2. She herself uses tons of garlic in all her cooking, but claims that she "hates" garlic smell and pretends to gag if we go to any indian restaurant her, in front on the people and pretends to gag if I use a flake in my cooking. So I purposely use it for every little thing I make and even if I didn't use it for something and my FIL and H say "Yum, this is nice" I stop her from eating it and say "I put garlic in it, don't eat it" she will say "Ya ya, I got the smell" (God knows from WHERE, since I didn't!), but she will be seeing the others relishing the dish with beady eyes... pleasure for me :cheers

Last edited: May 21, 2013
    3 people like this.
  10. coolgal123

my MIL doesn't use the garlic in her cooking...but she eats good dishes with garlic in it at restaurant/home...and then she pretends like that she is very pure as she doesn't touch garlic and I am some kind of outcast who uses garlic...
    I like your trick...now onwards I will do the same ...put garlic in good dishes then stop her from eating that dish...oh isme to garlic hai and u don't eat garlic....

Last edited: May 21, 2013
    3 people like this.