1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

confession of an indian male

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by strangerrr, Jan 4, 2012.

1. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

Hello GOD,

I am no strange to YOU and what all I did so far is also not so strange. Like everyone else I have some (in my words but may be plenty according to YOU) sins in the ledger of mine. And what all I did so for is also not hidden to your eyes. I decided to confess them one by one, let me begin with confessing how I am disobedient to my mom so far…

It was my summer holidays,

I was a kid then, my mom protested me to go out in afternoon sun. But I eluded out of the back door to play with my friends.

I was watching television,

My mom came and shouted that I have a board exam the very next day. “What if” I thought.Whatever exams it may be, how could I ignore a cricket match between India and Pakistan?

I am back in home-town after giving my first semester,

My mom was giving a firing stare along with her usual concerning queries like you lost weight; you lost your skin colour, etc. I know what coming next from her. A big yell for the torn jean I was wearing then.

Back home almost after a year,

My first privilege leave of my first job, my horizon has extended now. So as the reason for my mom to shout and yell at me. She said she was against colouring my hair– the tattoo proclaiming my name in the arm – my ear piercing. It’s my life… my body… why should I listen… even it’s my mom – that’s what I thought then.

Not only for these,

Always I lent a deaf year to my mom’s word for her constant preaching like don’t roam late at night; smoking is injurious to health; alcohol is not good for our family reputation, etc., etc.,

GOD, kindly forgive my sins all these days for not listening and being disobedient to my mom.

Dear GOD,
    Now I am totally willing to be a nice son & be obedient to my mom. But even now, I of a little confusion; I am worried that my sudden turnaround of my mind & its resolution to comply with her decisions with no protests may also increase my sins.

As she now demanding tax from someone, who is eager to share love, care & rest part of her life with me; she is trying to make a commission business out of my marriage;she is now bargaining my dignity against few grams of gold and some thousands of rupees. She is trying to make me a kind of hustler.

I don’t want be a co-conspirer, to rob a poor father, while he is in process of shifting her daughter to my home. By doing this, I feel that I will also share part of blame,for leaving considerable number of women as forced spinsters; I will acknowledge and justify the suicides and homicide of young women happening in my nation.

HEAVENLY FATHER, reform us from this ideology about marriage. I may not change this whole evil system upside down. But give strength to this Indian male to guard him, his life and his family not to concur to this evil.

In the name of THE ALMIGHTY I confess and I pray!

- Amen

2. nihasvin

nihasvin Platinum IL'ite

Good one Stranger!!

3. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Strong worded in a few places, but good on the purpose, Strangerrr. Nice to read. And I am sure, you will be able to make it. Congratulations in advance. -rgs

4. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Proud of you bro!! and yes, congrats in advance :)

Akila

5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Let God wipe out all the sins from the young age by this one good action of not demanding gold and silver from another soul. This time the action is for the welfare of someone who is ready to be the soul mate and to a family that is looking for a wonderful husband to their daughter.

Oh God! From now on, every marriage should be simply in your presence with only the parents and siblings present and registered with the government. Let families celebrate one evening with friends and families, if they want to have a reception. Let the marriage be conducted by equal financial contribution from both bride and the groom whether it is for the future of the married couple or for the reception expenses. Let the madness of giving a price for the marrying daughters (with gold and silver) disappear. Let the madness of selling the marrying sons for a price disappear.

Viswa

6. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

thanks for your fb nihasvin

7. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

agree with you rgs, i was of second thoughts to post this with such words; but a friend of mine convinced that it was with purpose. i will try to try to use polite words, if i write again in such titles.
    thanks for your wishes & fb

:)

8. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

thanks akila :)

9. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

thanks for complementing the blog with your prayer vishwa!
    your comments are always far better than what i actually post here

:)

10. blissofmylife

blissofmylife Silver IL'ite