Conditions & Living Expenses-Food and Rental At Kampala

Discussion in 'Indians in Africa' started by PallaviAj22, Nov 3, 2011.

1. PallaviAj22

PallaviAj22 New IL'ite

Dear All,

My husband has got an offer from a Building Material company in Kampala, Uganda for the period of 3 years. The offer is US$700+Weekly 150000 UGX+Bachelor Accommodation +Standard medical cover excluding dental and optical expenses. Now, I want to know about the actual conditions of living in Kampala including Daily Cost of Living, expenses on Rental of Couple and Food items and also on Safety of Indians. After knowing that only we will take a decision whether we should go to Kampala or not.
    If possible kindly provide me with the phone no./mobile no. so that in person I will talk to you regarding the same matter.
    Regards
    Pallavi Shukla

2. napatel2007

napatel2007 New IL'ite

absolutely the safest place in africa to live. If the local public is not there you can feel like moving around in any gujarati state n city.

average food and living expenses but after all its your lifestyle.

been there for 3 years still i love Kampala and also looking for an opportunity to again return to kampala.

but I personally feel that US $ 700 + 150000 ugx is the less salary offered it should be around $ 1000 plus medical expenses in full.

Moving around in africa in matatu (taxi- Public) is less costly but private Boda Boda (Motorcycles) are too costly.

+919428736111

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011