1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Liked anything that you read here? You may nominate it as the Finest Posts!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

concerns about 22 week old DD

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by jhalli27, Mar 23, 2010.

1. jhalli27

jhalli27 Bronze IL'ite

hi all,

dd is started her 5th month - about 22 weeks old. dr advised to start her on cerelac wheat and raagi, each twice a day as she is under weight - only 5.1 kgs :(. my Qs are:

1. is her weight too less? she was born 1 month premature at 2kgs.

2. can i pre-prepare the raagi and then give her? as in should i make it fresh just before she is going to eat? or can prepare about 1/2 hr in advance? reason is, dd suddenly wakes up, and it takes atleast 15-20 mins to prepare and cool the raai mix. in that time, she is howling away to glory and i end up giving her milk instead...

3. cerelac is easier to prepare. but at times she has very little. can i reuse the remaining one? the box doesnt mention anything.. but wanted to know can i feed her the previous time's remaining cerelac thats mixed in water????

thanks in advance :)

2. enlightened

enlightened Bronze IL'ite

Dear Jhalli,
    your DD is ok i guess as she has already doubled her birth weight..
    When u are introducing solids or cereals(first foods) never introduce them to a very hungry baby...they end up getting frustrated and confused and may not take anything at all...
    instead, let her have BM/FM as she does, but a lesser quantity, wait for an hour or so and then give her the cereal...
    I gave ragi to my DS but i am not sure how to make the powder, once u have sprouted ragi powder, cooking it is a matter of 2 minutes so that u can give it fresh...

Deepa.