1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

concerns about 22 week old DD

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by jhalli27, Mar 23, 2010.

1. jhalli27

jhalli27 Bronze IL'ite

hi all,

dd is started her 5th month - about 22 weeks old. dr advised to start her on cerelac wheat and raagi, each twice a day as she is under weight - only 5.1 kgs :(. my Qs are:

1. is her weight too less? she was born 1 month premature at 2kgs.

2. can i pre-prepare the raagi and then give her? as in should i make it fresh just before she is going to eat? or can prepare about 1/2 hr in advance? reason is, dd suddenly wakes up, and it takes atleast 15-20 mins to prepare and cool the raai mix. in that time, she is howling away to glory and i end up giving her milk instead...

3. cerelac is easier to prepare. but at times she has very little. can i reuse the remaining one? the box doesnt mention anything.. but wanted to know can i feed her the previous time's remaining cerelac thats mixed in water????

thanks in advance :)

2. enlightened

enlightened Bronze IL'ite

Dear Jhalli,
    your DD is ok i guess as she has already doubled her birth weight..
    When u are introducing solids or cereals(first foods) never introduce them to a very hungry baby...they end up getting frustrated and confused and may not take anything at all...
    instead, let her have BM/FM as she does, but a lesser quantity, wait for an hour or so and then give her the cereal...
    I gave ragi to my DS but i am not sure how to make the powder, once u have sprouted ragi powder, cooking it is a matter of 2 minutes so that u can give it fresh...

Deepa.