1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Concern Or Control ?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by SCSusila, Aug 6, 2017.

1. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

@dia3
    Absolutely . It really can be very irritating.

2. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

3. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

@jayasala42 ,
    You have correctly pointed out the other side of the coin !
    People want freedom , but are hesitant to own up responsibility also .
    The balance is : care givers can just give a cautioning once and leave them to take their course of action however they want, upto them to follow or not follow good advise .
    But to keep on hammering advice upon advice will only be creating rebels .

4. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

@ashneys
    In parent-child relationship at least there is a different equation . Child is dependent and not fully capable of taking own decisions and a tually want parent support .
    But in married couple , one person acting like ring master in a circus , trying to kerp the other on a leash is very distressing .

5. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

@shyamala1234
    You have supplied the very correct word : Strangling .
    Even if velvet or golden rope is used that is also strangling only !

6. MaruthiRao

MaruthiRao Silver IL'ite

All of us have been powered with enough CC to overcome the situations with a enough courage and make sure we do not compromise on the mileage which could be the resultant of too much variance in the power.
    Above was a small analogy on how the engine power is rated in CC's, mileage is important in this regard to make sure we balance on Concern and Control which put together in right proportion provides enough thrust to drive us.

Even if one of the C factor deviates in value proposition, the mileage is affected overall, CC inversely proportional to mileage.

We need to live a happy long life, let us not compromise with all those factors which drive hard on us.

The two letter short Acronym which here is being talked about need to seen as two faces of a coin as one of our IL peers mentioned in the thread. Else the coin as such has no value.

7. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

@MaruthiRao
    Thank you for the analogy. It makes the picture very clear .

MaruthiRao likes this.
  8. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

So true! This post reminds me of a movie I watched years ago, 'Agni Sakshi' where Nana Patekar played the super protective / controlling husband to Manisha Koirala, so much control that it was border lining on mental abuse! Nana Patekar portrayed the character so well, you start hating that character! And indeed in the movie, the wife hated him & got rid of him eventually. No wonder the woman here filed for a divorce, it can be so stifling.

Even for kids too much directions/ control can be suffocating. But kids today are so smart, even my 5 year old DD tells me "Mama, I know it, don't tell me again & again" :eek::(, when I remind her on potty instructions or to finish all lunch!! The best part is she knows mama will feel bad if she talked to me like that. So she quickly follows that up by saying "But, I love you mama!" :smirk::lol::lol:

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  9. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

@Naari
    Kids are supersmart nowadays ......your child's follow up is so sweet <3

I dint see that movie , but can visualise Nana patekar in such a role .

I think such hyper protective men are slightly mentally affected people. Or highly arrogant to think that only they are smart, capable, sensible , while everyone ele, wife especially , is agood for nothing idiot .

MaruthiRao likes this.
  10. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@SCSusila,

In my view, as the children grow to the adolescent age, the parents need to train them to think independently by asking questions rather than telling them what to do. The best decision makers are the ones who learned from doing things and made mistakes early in life.

In case of spouse, the relationship should be one of mutual trust. Love and care should reflect in doing things without expecting anything and not for the fear of the spouse doing things wrong. Breaking a few China is not going to drain all his wealth. If he felt she needs to be more vigilant in financial transactions, he needs to discuss it in a loving manner and encourage her to get more involved instead of preventing her from doing them.

Viswa

Amica and MaruthiRao like this.