Conceiving with one tube

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by pray2god, Jan 28, 2009.

1. roopanair123

roopanair123 Gold IL'ite

Re: IUI Info needed- 1 Tube blocked

hey vasu,

thanks very much for the feedback...ya just keeping fingers crossed and waiting for the day !!!

2. tweenie27

tweenie27 New IL'ite

hello friends,

i lost one tube to ectopic pregnancy last year...
    what r the chances of conceiving naturally now with one tube?
    i am not ready about IVF. Has anyone conceived with IUI? if yes, then after how many attempts?

3. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Tweenie,

It is absolutely possible to conceive naturally with one tube. As long as the other factors and your partner's reports are normal it is possible. But when you compare yourself with someone who has 2 tubes healthy its less. But its possible. IUI will increase the chance. Don't worry, its possible.:thumbsup

4. sdamani76

sdamani76 New IL'ite

Hi Dear,

Don't worry, my first pregancy is ectopic before 9 years.
    Today i have a boy of 6 and girl of 4.
    only start thinking positive and the things will go in right direction.

sonal.

5. yantra

yantra New IL'ite

TTC with One fallopean tube

Hi Friends,:hiya
    I'm a newcomer to this forum.I like to get help from you all.I'm facing a lot of troubles in my married life.I'm trying to get pregnant for past 1 year and nothing seems to work out.I'm diagnosed to have only one tube instead of 2 fallopian tubes as in normal condition.My other tube has not developed properly at birth.I'm facing all the tortures that you can imagine from my family.Can anyone suggest me how to motivate myself as i'm totally depressed with no child.Is there any God in particular that i can worship to get pregnant?Please help me as i'm totally frustrated.

6. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Re: Please help me

Dear Yantra,

sorry to know about your medical condition.

First thing is : to keep yourself stress free when trying to conceive. It has a major effect on fertility.

Stop blaming yourself and ignore the rest of the world. Consult the doctor and see what can be medically done. People just talk for the sake of talking. Feel good about yourself, if you love yourself, people's attitude around you will change.Show self confidence .

If you are in India, you can visit the temple where they tie a cradle to a tree praying for a child. Your mother or any elder person in the family should know about this.

you can recite Garbarakshambigai shloka:
    Garbarakshambigai Mullai vananadhar Thirukarukavur Tanjavur

7. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Re: Please help me

Yantra,
    Welcome to IL dear. Come'on!!We are all here to support you.
    Who said with one fallo tube, its not possible to get pregnant. I heared one of my distant relatives who is currently 9 weeks pregnant with only one Fallo tube. Yes Yes Yes!! She only have one open fallopian tube! After 2.5 yrs of TTC, they finally discovered problem back in July. Originally her husband was diagnosed with a varicole, dr. thought she was ok. They were directed to a reproductive endocrinologist who recommened IUI. After 2 unsuccessful rounds, they had a HSG which was clean. Then 2 more unsuccessful IUIs, and a stumped dr. This lead to their decision of surgery- LAP & HSC. In surgery it was discoverd she had stage 3 ENDO, all was able to be cleaned out... except one of her falloptian tubes was closed-up by scar tissue from the ENDO. Dr. felt the risk of opening it was not worth the benefit, he felt confident that she could get pregnant with one tube. Dr. was ready to do IUI, but she wanted to try naturally. Dr. said ok, but he didn't rec. more than 3 mo. After month 1 they gave up hope... however month 2 brought them a great surprise. Her due is in Jan I believe.. I wish you the best of luck and so yes, you can get pregnant with one fallopian tube.

8. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: TTC with One fallopean tube

Hi Yantra,
    Welcome to Indus Ladies & to this forum.
    You can find our forum guidelines here...

In these days most people has infertility issues & people should undertand it. You can reach success with proper medication in infertility. All you need is proper medication, stress free life & balanced food!

With one fallopian tube one can conceive. Naturally dominant follicle will develop in any one of the 2 available Ovary in each month. The next month, the other ovary will develop the dominant one. There will be a fallopian tube near each ovary which will carry the follicle & sperm. Since you have one fallopian tube, alternate months you could get follicle in that tube in natural attempt. If you go for medicated cycle, with those medicines, you may get follicles in both sides each month & increases the chances of conception. If you don't have any other issues like PCOS, hormone imbalance & other stuffs, you could fall pregnant faster with medicted cycles! Hope your DH didn't have any infertility issues...

Hope these helps you.. Stay positive. Try to leave stress/tension. Take up medication to succeed faster. Baby dust to you.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
  9. achedere

achedere Junior IL'ite

Hi Yantra,

Welcome. I have to share my story. I had ectopic pregnancy and my right tube was damaged and had to be removed. I always ovulate on right side. I got pregnant again with one tube when I ovulated on left. But had MC due to no heart beat. I did not loose courage. I kept on trying. I always asked my doctor how can I conceive if I am ovulating on right side and I have tube on left side. My Doctor told me that my left tube will pick up follicle on right ovary. It is possible. I never trusted my luck with this scenario.
    Finally, I conceived when I ovulated on right side. Though I was suppose to go for IUI, I did not complete the cycle except taking medicines and monitoring for ovulation. It was natural and I had a beautiful baby girl this Jan.
    I suggest that you make sure your one fallopian tube is not blocked and rule out other possibilities for infertility.Think positive.

Good luck..

Anita.

10. mapleleaf

mapleleaf Silver IL'ite

Yantra, I too have only one fallopian tube by birth (a congenital defect), to top it i suffer from PCOS so i typically ovulate only from the side where there is no tube! But miracles do happen, i conceived after 6 years of actively trying. Please do not lose hope, have faith, i have read of cases where women are born with no tubes at all or whatever is formed is too deformed to be opened up (even such women have conceived with the help of IVF). I know it is very hard to stay calm and leave it all to hope and faith, but you have to try and not despair. Infertility is hard on anybody, it can lead to arguments, misunderstandings between couples and even extended families, take things slowly. Deal with one issue at a time. I wish you all luck to have a successful pregnancy at the earliest.