Conceiving with clomid

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Sumaticg, Jun 12, 2007.

1. megh

megh New IL'ite

any success stories on taking clomid in first cycle

i have started taking clomid 50g and its my first cycle.
    can any 1 share their success stories on conceiving after taking clomid in their first cycle...?

i have heared that we have to repeat clomid intake for several months and only then one can fall pregnant...
    please clarify

2. Vidhya Mohan

Vidhya Mohan Senior IL'ite

Re: any success stories on taking clomid in first cycle

Hi megh,
    Dont start the cycle with expectations. Have faith in god. Things will be positive soon. I have not used clomid but had Letrozole for 2 cycles. Waiting for sumthng to turn out positive this month...

Stay relaxed.. Dont stress urself... the IL's who have used clomid can guide you well..

3. kinjal

kinjal Bronze IL'ite

Hi Megh,

If unovulation is the only issue then you should be able to conceive on clomid.

Again each body reacts differently. For some clomid 50g trigger ovulation and for some even clomid 150 does not work.

Have faith in god and continue with treatment.

baby dust to you.

4. swati_gan

swati_gan Senior IL'ite

Hi Megh,

I am also gonna take clomid for the first time this cycle. Took provera today to induce my periods its been more than 2 months since I have had my periods.

Lets hope for the best :thumbsup

5. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

It really depends on the individual. Some people are able to ovulate on 50mgs, other like me cant ovulate on 150mgs. I would advise you not to do more than 3 continuous cycles of clomid at a time because it thins your endrometium lining which may prevent a future pregnancy. also continuos use of clomid may give rise to ovarian cysts which means you will have to sit out a couple of cycles without getting pregnant to make sure the cysts dissolve before trying again.

See what happens with a couple of cycles with clomid. if it works for you, that's great! If it does not work for you, try a different medication called femara. one of my friends took clomid 6 times and never ovulated but ovulated and conceived in her 1st femara cycle.

in my case where clomid was a bust I did an injectibles/iui cycle and fortunately for me it worked on the 1st try :)

good luck! eat well, excercise and get plenty of rest. and think positive thoughts - that always helps!!

6. megh

megh New IL'ite

Dear Vidhya Mohan And kinjal

Thank u soo much 4 replying:)
    I was actually very stressed out...but reading "fertility and trying to concieve section in Indusladies is really keeping me motivated...

@Vidhya Mohan-yes i m expecting toooooooo much! i knw I m wrong :spin
    hope god hears our prayers:thumbsup

@kinjal- its not jus unovulation...my left tube is removed due to ectopic and has pcos diagnosed recently....hope everything turns out well..

7. megh

megh New IL'ite

@Swathi_ gan i dint not have periods for 2 months and finally periods decided to come by itself on 11th of this month!!! so i dint hav to take any tablets on that....
    i hav been taking clomid for the past 2 days..3 more days to go..wil let u knw the proceedings!!

8. megh

megh New IL'ite

@pmahensa
    thanx for replying:)
    i have read abt ovarain cancer due to continuous use of clomid...
    i m planing to take jus for 2 cycles....if not take anothr medication...
    i also have pcs and left tube removd...so fingers crossed!!!

9. harerama

harerama New IL'ite

Hi megh

I was diagnosed with pcos. i took clomid for 5 cycles. i dont remember the mg but i was able to ovulate but could'nt get pregnant.. also tried artificial insemination on my fifth cycle along with clomid..but no luck..After all this me and my hubby decided to take a break on all the proceedures and stopped taking any medicines.. my doc said change of place might give good results since it diverts the mind from all pressures..So we went to india and took a nice relaxing vaction. and after coming back to our surprise we found that we were pregnant..now i have a cute 1 yr old kid.. hope my success story cheers you.. so stay calm. dont put too much on ur head.. leave it in the hands of god..
    good luck

10. kinjal

kinjal Bronze IL'ite

megh,

i too have one tube blocked and i am ttc with clomid.
    hope one day god bless us with the LO.

take care