1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Computers and Internet

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Jan 10, 2010.

1. paanzaa

paanzaa Gold IL'ite

How do you call you? Saab, chacha or simply Kamalji?
    My father worked for Ordnance factories and lived in Kanpur for 17 years...I have the story repeated for you (he is no more! and hence cannot tape it now)..Summer would be 43 degrees Celsius and winter would be -4 degrees.. A cycle used to cost Rs.45/ which was passed on to me while I was in School. I was atleast 10 years younger than the cycle.

I left the cycle as it was in the last house I stayed before marriage. The repair alone took Rs.300 to put it back in shape...The cycle had seen many avatars. My sisters used it for riding, my brother (the other one never learnt to ride) used it for office, his father-in-law used it to go on it for the vegetable markets (by the time we were in Ooty, so cycles had no use there).

Dad had a watch which was Swiss made and while white washing, one of the guys flicked it..he had it for 50 years...
    Ok..that is alright;it is surprising that either of the spouses don't throw each other out after 10 years of marriage,but when a person dies, they throw him away in a jiffy...

Life is sometimes nice in that way!