1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Compliments, Surprises etc

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Nov 25, 2014.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Who does not like to get compliments, whether others like or not you all know how much I like to get compliments. When we do something we feel so happy when we get compliments. With compliments I get inspiration and encouragement to do more. Whatever we do we have to put much effort in it and when it is appreciated we feel very happy . Even children love to do when they are appreciated . Now a days chidlren are very smart and if we want to get something done from them we have to tell them we will gift them then they do it fast. When we appreciate whatever they do they take interest in it.

Today I had lot of things to do and by God's grace everything went well though I thought I will be late. I had to do some shopping , then go to banks , then to LIC. LIC start only at 11 a.m. So I wanted to go at that time. I was in the temple by 10.20 or so after finishing shopping. From 10.30 to 10.45 is aarti time so I got the opportunity to be there at that time. I like to hear the aarti songs and sing too , at that time we get lost somewhere. After that I left for LIC. Since itw as nearing 11 a.m. I was in a hurry. At that time I got a call , it took time searching the mobile . That time I was climbing the steps. It got disconnected but luckily it rang agan and was so surprised that the call was my best friend from Hyderabad with whom I am friendly sincemy school days i.e. from 1957. She is a rich person but so simple and always concerned about me and helped me a lot during school days. Those are happy memories. Today morning only I was thinking of her and was surprised when I received the call. I could not continue walking because I was climbing the steps and we had a long chat . By the time we finished It was 11 a.m. and before going to LIC I had to go to the bank. Some how the work got over soon in the bank andI went to LIC . There also the Branch Manager helped me in answering my questions and I paid the premium and came back home. There is a serial at 12 pm which is very interesting and I wanted not to miss that and I cam in time to watch the serial.

Oh I forgot to mention about the compliment I got when I was returning from the temple. Some girls were taking the weight of the people and they asked me also to see my weight and told me it is free. I told them I am in a hurry but they said it wont take time. They asked me my age and I told them it is 71 yrs , they were saying aunty cant believe you are 71 yrs , you can understand how happy I must have felt and they brought a smile on my face. They told me to come in the evening and collect the report.

Now waiting for the lovely feedback from you all as always and dont know whether my tittle and the write up makes any sense :). Like Neetu has said in one o f my thread why worry when I like the write up and happy that I could scribble something about how I spent the morning.

9 people like this.

2. umasivasankar

umasivasankar IL Hall of Fame

we couldnt beleive that you are 71yrs...you are so active like a teenage girl ....from your handcraft to ur look.......hope the result would be good.no, sure it would be good.

1 person likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Uma dear thank you so much for making my day and making me happy with your first feedback as always. I myself cant believe that I am 71 yrs because my heart is always young.

1 person likes this.
  4. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Viji,
    Nice to share your experience. If we have some 4 or 5 jobs on hand, on some days everything gets completed without impediment, but on a few days nothing is finished and some more complications are added to the existing ones.
    It is nice if we view both the situations in the correct perspective.
    Even God is known as 'Stotra priya:".Why not human beings?
    Not that we get elated and proud, but it gives us some boost that we are capable of much more.
    It is not only in respect of talents, behaviour etc, but even if somebody praises you for the neat simple saree, or simple and grand, you get motivated to demonstrate your skills. Though this may seem materialistic, there is a strategy behind 'Dress Code' also.
    We see children of two and three carrying their slates with 0/100 and show to everybody that they have recd marks in their slate.
    " Good girl, you have got ' now '0'.Next month you should get double zero with a prefix'1'.The child gets really motivated, say some rhymes, write a few alphabets and numbers and next month you see 100/100 in his slate.
    Sthuthi conquers many worlds.

Jayasala 42

1 person likes this.
  5. padmaja909

padmaja909 Platinum IL'ite

you are very energetic and active vijima. no one can guess your age due to your activeness.

1 person likes this.
  6. parineetha

parineetha IL Hall of Fame

Vijima...this is what we are shouting from rooftop, now when a stranger comes and says that... your flying in air :)))
    You're always young at heart, so age never catches on you..feel proud! I wish I'll have the same energy and enthusiasm when I turn 70..hehehe..longgggg way to go, but still :-D
    But ma, one doubt? what report will they generate with weight? thinkingsmiley :roll: :confused2:
    just curious :)))

3 people like this.
  7. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,
    Oh, what a hectic day for you! Glad to know all work finished without any hindrance.
    I can do all hard work at home, but I always delegate all these outside work to my DH. But most of these work are done online.
    Regarding complimements, who does not like compliments?
    As Jaya has said even God is Sthothra Priyan.

PS

1 person likes this.
  8. memeera1234

memeera1234 Gold IL'ite

Nice article vijima'am.. And this topic of compliments and surprises cudnt come on a better day for me. Today is my 8th engagement anniversary. On this very day 8 yrs back, me and my DH were bound together in a relationship by Almighty above and our parents. I am a surprise loving person.. one who likes to throw in surprises and I love gifting my DH with his choicest gifts. Its not that I do not expect anything in return.. I too expect my DH to throw in a few surprises not always but atleast on special occasions. But my guy is totally aloof from all this. Until yesterday night, he has not done even a single gesture to surprise me. But today has been my day. For the 1st time in 8 years, my DH gave me a surprise. Yest I was a bit tired so went to bed early. DH was watching TV. Today morning, when I got up, I saw a cover from Archies Gallery on the sofa. I opened it and even in my wildest thoughts had not thought of something like this..it had a greeting card with some very sweet handwritten words and another box nicely packed. I hurriedly opened it and it was such a beautiful thing... a table top plaque which read " just to say thanks for coming into my life". Cant explain vijima'am but it meant a million bucks for me. Even the most precious diamonds in the world wud mean nothing... god I was so happy.. :)

1 person likes this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Meera dear I just wanted to wish you Happy Anniversary, glad that your husband gifted yu and gav eyou a surprise. I will give the feedback tomorrow as it is late now but wishes I thought I will giv enow only before it becomes belated tomorrow. May God bless you both and keep you always healthy and happy and wishes for a happy married life

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Jayakka dear you are right only some days all are work get completed and yesterday was the day all my jobs got completed in time. True when someone appreciates we get inspiration and feel like trying out more, like now I am crazy in jewellery making, if you get time please see them which I have posted in Jewellery forum. Will be happy to receive your comments. I agree with you that we should encourage the children from childhood only so that they get inspiration and have a bright future.
    Thank you Akka for the wonderful feedback which made me happy