1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Compliments Made My Day

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jul 11, 2016.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Power of ONE : Each of us is but one person: limited, burdened with our own cares and responsibilities. We may feel there is so much to be done, and we have so little to give. We’re usually short of everything, especially time and money.

When we leave this shore, there will still be millions of starfish stranded on the beach. Maybe we can’t change the whole world, but thereisn’t one of us who can’t help change one person’s whole world. One at a time. We can make a difference.

Being a Leo I feel very happy when I get compliments. Today my day started well .M e and my husband were worried that he should come back safely from Himalayas. Before going he came home one evening. He likes dosa very much. MOrning I had gone for a function so was tired. I had grinded urad dal and kept ,before he came added idli rava and when he came made dosa. But dosa did not turn well as usual , I think th ebatter was also not ok and thava also. Though he did not say anything but had it I was feeling very bad.

He came back on Saturday from his trip and today morning he said he will come for breakfast. He might come anytime so I kept the batter ready. He likes dosa with milagapodi spread on it and likes tomato chutney also. So I made tomato chutney spicy. When he came luckily my dosas came crisp and nice , spread milagapodi and gave him with chutney. He said he enjoyed and I felt very happy.

Since long I had to change my specs and today only I got the time. So I went to the usual shop. When I entered the shop oneyoung guy greeted me and usual person was not there. Since he greeted I thought he knows me , he said he doe snot know me. Then he checked my glasses and checked my eyes tooHe asked my age and when I told him 73 he did not believe he said you look 62 to 65 only , you must hav eunderstood how happy I must have felt. He was saying your eyes ok for seeing but changed for reading. I told him I dont need for seeing . Only for reading because I work on computer , do jewellery etc. He was surprised saying you are so active at this age. My mother also does not like to sit at home, she is a working woman. He asked whether I work from home , I told him know I am busy being on line posting in a site and active in face book too.

My son made me happy by coming for breakfast and enjoying too and the young guy in the shop complimented me . So day started well. My life is interesting because of the compliments I get and the inspiration given by everyone.

Those who often text you, do so not because they have nothing better to do but because you are in their heart.
    One day, all of us will get separated from each other; we will miss our conversations of everything & nothing; the dreams that we had.Days will pass by, months, years, until this contact becomes rare… One day our children will see our pictures and ask “Who are thesepeople? “And we will smile with invisible tears because a heart is touched with a strong word and you will say: “IT WAS THEM THAT I HADTHE BEST DAYS OF MY LIFE WITH”

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijima, yes, indeed, it is really impressive how active you always are. It is really impressive that you don't need glasses for long distance vision.

I was initially confused about Mama returning from the Himalayas and coming for breakfast. Only at the end I realized that it was your son who had gone there. Had he gone on a pilgrimage? Which places did he visit? Must have been a great experience.

How is Mama doing after his cataract surgery? Hope he is recovering well. Regards to him and of course, lots of love to you. :-D

iyerviji likes this.
  3. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Nice Viji.So outspoken! I wish I were like you.But I am temperamentally different.I don't feel much happy or sad, if somebody praises me/hurts me.But one of my sisters is just like you.She is 76.She is very busy taking Hindi classes, attending bhajans and shloka classe,busy like a bee.Unfortunately she has no children.She feels so happy even if some one praises her making sevai or sambar saadham.She becomes easily upset too if she does not receive recognition as expected by her.

World is strange.People are different.Loko Bhinna ruchi;

Jayasala 42

iyerviji likes this.
  4. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Nice Snippet Viji maa.....very well said.....

iyerviji likes this.
  5. IamQueen

IamQueen Silver IL'ite

nice one viji maa ... :)

iyerviji likes this.
  6. iyerviji

Glad to get your first response Satchi dear. Thanks for your compliments dear, its all God's blessings and good wishes from all of you. He had gone with his school and other friends. He went to Haridwar, Rishikesh, Uttarkashi, Gangotri and to Himalayas for trekking. We were so worried. On the operation day mama seemed to be worried , I thought he is worried about his operation but after my son came back only knew that he was worried about my son. I was worried that he should come safely from Himalayas and cant contact him those days.My son understoood I was worried and phoned before going to Himalayas and immediately after he came back to Gangotri he first phoned me, then only I was relieved. Usually mama does not ask much when my son goes on tour but this time he was going on asking about him. So I told my son to come home after he comes back. After he came back hesaid he has to go topick up by dil so he will come next day , when I told mama he did not seem to be happy. So again I phoned and told my son to come home atleast for 5 mins Then he came and mama was happy. He did not go till the last because it seems there you have to walk on the ice .Ya he was saying it was a great experience and one should visit there He and another friends came back , now all have reached home. This Friday mama is having operation in his left eye and my son will be there that time. Hope there is no change.

Mama is ok now but feeling boring because he can tgo out and read Narayaneeyam. Hope the other operation also goes well. Thanks for your good wishes and love , hugs to you and also love to you

satchitananda likes this.
  7. iyerviji

My sister is like you, she is elder to me and she is very religious and has no expectations. She was a working woman . She is happy looking after her family and keepign the home clean and perfect. She does not know computer and when I tell her about facebook and IL she is not much interested about it. We both love each other and we are just opposites. Glad to know your sister is like me .True world is strange andpeople are different

8. iyerviji

Thanks kcb

9. iyerviji

Welcometo my thread andglad you liked the post

IamQueen likes this.
  10. RatnaMalliswari

RatnaMalliswari Gold IL'ite

H
    Hello viji aunty
    Asusal you come with one more good post with your daily activities interesting one.yes as u said compliments are great when we receive it,we become like chick peas soaked in water.Aunty I am also belong to Leo sign.
    Age should be counted from logical thinking,rather than passing years,no matter how old your in numerical figure,most one to be considered how young you are at heart.
    One more compliment to you:
    We have one member in IL who is younger from heart and elder by age, your every post gives us image that you always update at your heart.
    Be ever like this,keep going aunty.
    Regards
    Ratna Malliswari.

iyerviji likes this.