Comparision between Sunshine and Srujana Montessori Schools...

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by vijikathir, Feb 2, 2010.

1. vijikathir

vijikathir Senior IL'ite

Hi All,
    I want to get admission for my kids (6yr and 4yr) in ICSE school in velachery.
    Can you please give me answers for the following about Sunshine and Srujana Montessori schools?
    1. Both schools Teacher's Montessori Knowledge and their experience.
    2. Teacher's kindness.
    3. Clean environment.
    4. Kid's friendly.
    Awaiting for your replies.
    Viji

2. Ums

Ums Senior IL'ite

Hi Viji,

Where you have enrolled your kids? Did you get any feedback on Sunshine school. Sunshine School follows CBSE and not ICSE.

ILites,
    There was an advertisement in Velachery Talk last Sunday stating that the Sunshine school campus is already built in the road opposite to Velachery MRTS. It is currently hosting till 7th std and admissions are open from March. It has tennis court, AC class rooms, Basket Ball court etc etc. Any idea on the fees? How is the teaching, student teacher raito? If any of you have any inputs, do share it.

Cheers
    Uma

3. Raj33244

Raj33244 New IL'ite

Sunshine is a Startup school. student teacher ratio will be less because the admission for students in 2nd standard and above are supposed to come in from other schools.
    They collect around 30000 as deposit and fees would be around 30000 for fees for LKG.
    We need to wait to see how the school would perform.

4. Ums

Ums Senior IL'ite

Thanks Raj!! I agree it is a new school but I was told that there are kids already till 1st std. So thought there might be some IL's who would have already enrolled their kids or friends of IL's who have some first hand inputs! The fee definitely seems to be high for a new school. Wonder what would be the fee once they gain a good name and reputation!!

5. ramsi95050

ramsi95050 New IL'ite

I am planning to put my kids in Sunshine Chennai CBSE new school campus and wondering if anyone has feedback. They already have the pre -kG and KG campus in Velachery and any ILites have put their kids in pre-LG/KG - please pass your feedback on the school esp. the cleanliness and teachers. Desperately seeking input as I need to make a decsion on fees asap.

6. sasi473

sasi473 New IL'ite

We relocating to Chennai - Adambakkam from Chicago. I heard Sunshine school has new campus and it is maintained by Stalin's wife. Can any one please post more details about the school? We are coming to Chennai on May 18th and will be focussing more on schools for my son who will be doing 4th grade over there.

Thanks
    Sasi

7. Ums

Ums Senior IL'ite

Hi Sasi,

I have enrolled my DD for Pre-Kg in this school this academic year. Yes, the new campus is near Adambakkam, actually it is located in the newly constructed road to St.Thomas mount from Velachery MRTS. I received good feedback about the school from a few people. The infrastructure for KG environments was good. Check out their website SunShine Montessori School Chennai and try to visit their office/KG school in Seethapathi Nagar to get more clarity.
    I saw your post in another thread and understood about second language problem. I was told that there are options of Tamil, Hindi and French as second language. So guess it might work out for you. Check it out.
    Also St.Britto's Academy has an option of French as second language. You can browse through the threads to get more info on St. Britto's school as well.
    Hope this helps!!

Thanks!
    Uma

Last edited: May 6, 2010
  8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

ums,

Did you know that sunshine is run by daughter of deputy cm, and no wonder the road is being laid so fast on the velachery-mount area...:rotfl

9. Ums

Ums Senior IL'ite

Yes Shanthi, I know about it :) People who have a look at the website now will clearly know as they have updated the names of the people running the school. As long as something good happens in that area...hehe!!

Last edited: May 6, 2010
  10. sasi473

sasi473 New IL'ite

Hi Shanvi and Ums,

Thanks for the information and we are finally landed in chennai and got admission for my son and daughter in sunshine school. My daughter is in LKG and her school started yesterday and she seems to like it.Since school bus doesn't come near our house, I'm looking for private transportation from Adambakkam to sunshine school. If anyone intersted in sharing transportation or know about any transportation, please let me know.

Thanks
    Sasi