1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Company of humans is better than non veg

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Company of Humans is better than Non Veg

Chambal dacoit shuns `jail luxuries' for human touch

Arvind Gurjar, a former dacoit of Chambal surrendered in 2005, and is still in jail.He had put conditions, that he would want cigarettes, nonveg, and his own team of dacoits in the same cell.

The government went back on its word, and for the last 11 years he was just given dry vegetarian food like daal and roti, but no Boti (nonveg). So this guy goes on a hunger strike, and the government gives in. But the jail authourities put in a condition, that only he will get nonveg, and not the other inmates, so they told him they will have to put him in solitary confinement.The reason was if he eat nonveg in front of others , there would be riots in the prision.

So he got his share of nonveg and cigarettes, but he was in solitary confinement, with no human touch. Within 15 days, he told the authorities, that take my luxuries away, but put me back in my old cell with my friends, bcs I need human touch, and so he was sent back.Now he prefers veg food, and his pals than the nonveg.

Well if I was in his position, me too would prefer the company of human beings, we are social animals, we cannot live in isolation, just the 4 walls eh !

The other day, I read about an old man going to bank everyday to take out a few hundred rupees for his expenses, ad someone told him, get an ATM card, and take out 10,000 bucks at one time, so u wont have to go frequently.

The old man replied, I go to the bank, to meet real people, and I pass my time well there, and meet some other bank customers, and get talking to them. ATM are machines who don’t talk.And I get exercise walking to the bank too, I look forward to going there everyday.

I guess this is the same trait with most of us, even I like to go to the bank at least once a week, and on the way visit a friend or two, for sitting at home can be pretty boring and lonely.

Man Arrested for Not Returning 14-Year-Old VHS Tape

A man has been arrested for not returning a video cassette he took from a video library some 14 years ago. A case had been filed, and warrant issued. Nothing happened.

Now this man was caught in a speeding offence, and when his driving licence was put in the computer, it showed the warrant, and he was HANDCUFFED for this offence.

In the mean while the library had closed down, the owner dead or alive no one knows.

I was wondering if this law was passed in india, most of us adults would have been in Jail.Jow many books and videos and CD’s we have not returned to libraries eh !

And this happened in America !!! HAHA

================================================================================

Stale marriages Malaysia

Classes for rekindling romance in stale marriages - Nation | The Star Online

Classes have been opened in Malaysia to rekindle stale marriages.The authourities are suggesting to the couples to go out on dates with their spouses rather than other people.

So they are asked a set of same questions separately. To the woman for example, what food does yr hubby like the best, what is is choice of after shave, what colour shirt he likes, same is asked from hubby, and the answers differ.Also hubby asked about wife, her choices , and he too answers wrongly.

Well in my marriage from day one, we have been on different tangents. Food habits are different, eating times are different, I need to drink and eat nonveg, she wants to eat early and no drinks for her, if asked about her favourite dish, I would say paneer, but the right answer would be the toori, and other boring veggies, so we both would fail there.

But almost 4 decades have passed , and even after failing the test, we aer still together.HAHA

But yes, this is not a bad idea really, these classes. Don’t we upgrade our working skills, learning new courses to go ahead in life, we take careers seriously, so why cant we take our marriages seriously. I cannot understand why do people go for divorces. Look at karishma kapoor and now Arbaaz khan /malaika arora khan, she has applied for divorce now after 17 years of marriage. Arbaaz was the same at that time, meaning he was not earning very well, but had family support, all was fine, so what is the problem now ?

These people need classes.We are much better than these celebrities really.

I support the classes, what about u friends, do write yr views here.

Have a great week ahead.

KAMAL MAHTANI

iman, joylokhi and satchitananda like this.

2. twinklingstar

twinklingstar Gold IL'ite

that was really good news update. Actually after reading ur post I go back to news and read a lot about them. Regarding class, I also sometimes get confuse and surprise to see the level of prefernace and choice they give in life. In real life whole story will move around commitment and love and they even die for it..but when it comes to real life i seriously doubt they have 1% of it also?? there are so many stories come about break up EMA and what not. i seriously think that is that they are looking for and till what age. who will ask them after a certain period and we ahve also heard about so many celebraties who died at their homes and no one is aware of it.

joylokhi likes this.
  3. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,
    Relevant to all of us.
    I am a vegetarian but I need human interaction also. Always surrounded by gadgets is not my cup of tea. Yes, we cannot live in isolation confined to four walls, however luxurious it may be.
    I used to go to a nearby library when in London. Me and librarian used to interact a lot. She used to recommend me good books, discuss about books that we read. Library was not just for borrowing books.....it was like a social visit. Once I went after a lapse of two weeks. A big machine was installed with instructions to use it...for borrowing books one button, one for returning. No more librarians. A staff member in the office room to take care of things. I felt so lost.
    I also read about arresting a man for not returning Video cassette. Weird! Isn't it?
    Classes for successful marriages!!!! I don't think they would work. Every couple should work out their own formula.
    Syamala

joylokhi and satchitananda like this.
  4. NellaiMurugan

NellaiMurugan Silver IL'ite

Being able to be in other humans company is a very basic need much stronger than food choices!
    Nice write up Kamalji

5. shobhamma

shobhamma Gold IL'ite

Nice post Kamalji
    Like you me and my husband have different choices in food but we have been together for 50 years so something must be right.
    Re Human touch, he loves it more and goes out twice or thrice a day for small things. Will not get everything at one go.
    Me? I am not quite antisocial, but like to order on phone and rather interact on the net than in reality. Am happy to meet people but do not initiate contact.

These classes seem rather a curious idea. Lets see how many they can reallt rekindle.

shyamala1234 and satchitananda like this.
  6. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

If I ever get locked up and am given an option I would prefer solitary confinement with a PC or laptop , a whole lot of books, a good music system, an occasional peg or two of rum to human company,

7. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Interesting, Kamalji. Wonder what plots he and his cronies hatch in that cell of theirs!

8. Scorpio707

Scorpio707 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Kamalji,

That was interesting....prison inmate choosing friends over NV. Wonder if there is some reason for it than what meets the eye ;) . Anyways good for him, he must have satiated himself with NV for fifteen days and gone back too.

As for marriage and celebrities, I am so bored of the break ups not to forget sports (Virat and Anoushka), I think normal people like us lead a simple life but are happy, the rest of the glamour world live extravagantly but have abnormal relationships and are always in trouble.

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear TS,
    thanks for the first reply, and a good one at that.
    i agree real life is so different. if only the couple sit together, and ask the other, ok what points of mine can i imporove, life would be so much simpler.

Yes praveen babi, and nalini jawyant died and were discovered after days, rotting bodies. life can be sad at times.
    Regards

kamal

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sy,

like u, i too like human touch, and so go out for small jobs just that i get a chance to talk to someone. Today i went to bank, for a job that my staff could have done, but it was nice to see sea of bodies, and met a friend there at the bank after ages.
    Yes though i am fond of nonveg, i too would behave like the dacoit, give up nonveg, for company.HAHA

Wierd it is, how many video cassets and novels we have never retured in our lives./Sometimes i feel american laws are so wierd.There is a limit to justice really.

Regards

kamal