Comments / Queries about Krishnaamma's recipe index,recipes, etc.- to be posted here

Discussion in 'Krishnaammas Kitchen' started by krishnaamma, Dec 9, 2006.

1. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Re: Comments / Queries about Krishnaamma's recipe index,recipes, etc.- to be posted h

Hi Sowmiya,

welcome to our site. Happy to see your first post in my forum. Thank you for your compliments.
    As you told the sweet's name is Halwa. Ofcourse there are many varieties in that. But what you are telling is about 'thirunelveli Halwa' or Godhumai Halwa which means wheat halwa.
    You can prepare this sweet with whole wheat or by using wheat flour. Let me give both the recipes in Traditional sweets and easy to make sweets section. Please see there.

All the best !

Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
  2. keethi

keethi Silver IL'ite

Re: Comments / Queries about Krishnaamma's recipe index,recipes, etc.- to be posted h

Hi ,

I love greens a lot . Can you give me a diffrent recipie using ponnanganni keerai ? Usually we do only kootu using them . So suggest me how it can be used .

Thanks for the other keeerai recipies :)

3. sakthi03

sakthi03 New IL'ite

Hi mam,

where we can get boric powder? (used to kill cockroaches) We r living in middle east.

Awaiting ur reply.

4. RugmaniShankar

RugmaniShankar New IL'ite

Hi,
    When we prepare sabudhana kichdi, how so we ensure that it does not become sticky? It looks better and tastes better when the sabudhana pearls are saparate. Pl advise ILadies
    Rugmani Shankar

5. draghunathan

draghunathan New IL'ite

Hello,
    I just joined the forum. Can you please give me the 'RECIPE list'. i have been trying to search but in vain

Thanks
    Divya

6. srimaauro

srimaauro Senior IL'ite

Dear Krishnamma,

I am new ILite saw your ready made powders and thokku. Its realy superb. But I have doubt about drum stick thokku. How to grind drumstick, skin cannot be peeled generally. It is possible after boiling. Can you please explain in details. Because we have it our backyard so it will be of great help. Thanks in advance.

Durga

7. krishnaamma

surely I will put some other recipes as per your request in near future :)

8. krishnaamma

hi,

for that you have to soke them properly. if you soke them as per the recipe, it wont become sticky. ok ya? :)

9. krishnaamma

why ya? I have given them in the "Sticky" it self. please see properly the first page of my forum. I have given the Index of recipes :)

10. krishnaamma

Dear srimaauro,

the murungaikaai thoku tastes great. But we have to struggle :) ya it is not easy to peel the skin of drumstick. that is why we have to use thick one. that is "muttal murungaikkaai" ok vaa?
    You also boil and remove the skin but I dont know about the shelf life of the thokku. That you have to checkup. ok ya?