1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

comfort?

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by Huma, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

hi ladies
    i would like to know what u do when ur upset?

listenning music?
    eating chocolate?
    go shopping or sitting in a dark room crying?

telling the word how u feel? or bottle up inside?

bye

2. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Whenever i feel upset i use to cry in front of God, tell him why i'm so upset & then afterwards I really feel good. But apart from that i use to listen loud music, singing along with it & most of the time i feel better after that, sometime i used to read some positive thoughts it will help too.

3. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

hello,nice topic.
    i'll go to balcony,watch the public moving in the road,then breeze will cool my mind,still i felt sad then switch on the TV or laptop,main will be cry in the bedroom:cry:in that time i'll talk with god.

4. Tulasi

Tulasi Silver IL'ite

If Iam upset I will normally go to mall or for a long walk talk then tallk things louder to myself and rationalize them...until i pour out my anger..

5. GPriya

GPriya Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

My source of comfort during distress is listening to some very good ragas (like Desh)in Carnatic music which takes my mind away from the sadness or worry...

I will also go for some long walk to get some fresh air and think about some perspective about the issue and finally even after coming back home, if I am still in rotten mood, then I will cry my heart out in front of God which is soothing.

Finally, as I strongly believe in Gita, I feel really philosophically and try gradually to get over whatever is bothering me.

Well, what else can we do...if we make up our mind to live with it, then it becomes somewhat easier to deal with.

Good day to all,
    Geeth Priya.

6. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello,
    I try to sleep when I am in depression / bad mood hoping to see a new world when I wake up.

Thanks,
    Punitha

7. GPriya

GPriya Bronze IL'ite

Hi Punitha,

It is hard to sleep when your mind is worried/agitated/troubled for most people. Unless I calm down I won't get any sleep...
    If you are capable of sleeping during distress, it is THE BEST way to deal with it and get it over with.

:2thumbsup: Way to go
    Geeth Priya

8. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello GPriya,
    I know it is very hard to fall asleep, but somehow with tiredness I fall asleep for a short time. I will be fresh after that.

-Punitha