1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Come on, lets us move our feet and shake that stubborn weight a little

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Shanvy, Jul 3, 2012.

1. geeven

geeven Junior IL'ite

Dear Shanvy,

I dont have a treadmill at home. pl let me know how do i calculate the miles / km.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

vjb,

good to have you here.. and i don't know if you have any medical conditions or on any treatment.. i have a friend here in il, who walks 5km/10km a day but does not lose weight, but hast he same issues as you are talking about...thats the reason i am asking..

maybe you need to do it in two breaks if possible..have you tried leslies sansone?? just give 1mile a try..

and also let me see if i have the bookmark of the videos, that you can do without moving, a lot..

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

geeven,

i do not have one too.. we are talking about leslie sansone walk at home videos were in she does count the number of miles...and we follow her video and count our miles.. simple..

for example check out this video
    Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds 1 & 2 mile - YouTube

4. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shanvy
    I have medical problem Hypothyroid and I should say walking has helped me keep it under check... No I havent tried Leslie I found the video on you tube the part 1 I will follow this and get back to you... Thanks for such lovely motivational thread I feel kicked to start it right away...

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

i some how sensed it.. and do talk to your doctor about that body pain and clicking joints, i believe that is the effect of the thyroid medicine/dosage..not a doctor and hugs...

we all can still conquer that health issues and stay a little bit fitter if not in the pink of the health..this is to prod us to go that one step forward towards that goal of being better in terms of health, fitness...

we will do...

1 person likes this.
  6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

1 person likes this.
  7. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shanvy
    Absolutely true... I have done till now and will continue to do I will check out the video

8. nihasvin

nihasvin Platinum IL'ite

Walked for about 30 mins :thumbsup .. Glad, i did it before seeing ur reply :hide:

1 person likes this.
  9. sidvidu

sidvidu Silver IL'ite

Re: Come on, lets us move a little and shake it up

Thanks Shanvy for ur encouragement, morning I was as usual in a dilemma to go for gym or not then after ur reply I hit the gym and you know I walked 3.5 miles today and burnt around 300 calories feeling so refreshed. Will be regularly walking and updating here. For all keep walking and continue to shed the pounds.

1 person likes this.
  10. kavithavijay

kavithavijay Platinum IL'ite

Hi Shanvy,
    I am in.
    I will update here daily so that I will be more committed. Today walked 1.5 miles in the park and did 13 sets of suryanamaskar. Planning to do Zumba later. I want to target more on my abs and back and control my cravings. Today I opened IL thinking to join one of the weight loss threads so that I become more regular...here you are with the thread. Thank you.