1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Come on Barbies lets do steaming

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Umasu, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Umasu

Umasu Junior IL'ite

It was a terrible monday evening,when my four year old daughter came home with a bad cough.Thanks to Mumbai monsoon.

By the time i finish making my tomato soup,she got a high temperature.So called the Doctor,fixed up an appointment.After examining her,he comfirmed its a viral fever. Every year,he drops in to see us and stays for a week.so no wonder,,, but this time along with a severe cough.Like Diwali and christmas we get one week off every year.Okay what next,,the cough is really bad i was breaking my head :bonkto stop it.On the other side my darling husband says"hey do something she is coughing too much.....".Oh yaa...but whats that i can do except struggling to give her the medicine and the hot tomato soup.

Oh God! at times i feel the Almighty should change us to some gadgets so that we can do the right job at the right time.Hey we can even go in to hibernation.Again called the Doctor to ask some solution.He cooly says give her plain water steaming twice a day.

OMG!but how with this tiny tot who says no to everything especially when they are sick.Hmm,,thinking for an idea .I quickly picked up her seven Barbies and went straight to her and said see even your Barbies have severe cough and the doctor said even they have to do steaming.Also asked her to help me in holding the barbies.Instantly she said "okay mama come on lets do that"Once the Barbies are through she said "mama its now my turn because i also have severe cough".
    I thought its working(without knowing whats in store for me ).Then was busy thinking for other plan for the night episode.
    I got a big surprise from my daughter...Guess what?now she took the Doctor`s avtar and with her innocent face said"Mama now I am Doctor okay?What can i do except kissing her to my hearts content and to do my turn of steaming along with the Barbies.so I said"come on Barbies lets do steaming".

Oh God!give me more ideas and make me more creative because the kids are really smart to handle.....

I realised life is full of Imagination and creativity.The more creative you are , the less troubles you get.:thumbsup

2. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

hai Uma,

Always we have to be very creative, smart, we have to go alongwith the child
    to make them realise to do the things. You have adopted the good method and atlast
    succeeded also. Very good. My loving kisses and wishes to your barbie daughter

3. kavithamadhan

kavithamadhan Silver IL'ite

great idea i too will try to follow for my kid.

4. Umasu

Umasu Junior IL'ite

Thank you sreema.

5. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Dear Uma,

That was so cute.. Hope your DD is better now. You have tried a wonderful method.. Muy Hugs and Kisses to your cutie barbie duaghter.

Shanti