1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Columbus ladies-Need your input please

Discussion in 'Indians in Columbus' started by sweetnilla, Mar 7, 2012.

1. sweetnilla

sweetnilla Senior IL'ite

Dearest friends,

I would be moving to columbus in July 2012. Canal winchester, grove city, reynoldsburg, gahanna, pickerington--any desis here:hiya. I know most desis are in Dublin/westerville but I am looking to live in one of the south/east suburbs due to my job. How are the schools here?. Which of these south/east suburbs is better as far as safety and schools. Due to my job I cannot be in the north suburbs like dublin and so i am really worried about schools. DD will be in 2nd grade this fall and wondering if I might have to end up sending her to private schools.

Please give me your input.

2. YesGee

YesGee New IL'ite

Hi sweetnilla,

Good to know that you will be moving to Columbus. I live on the east side as well. Desis are sparse in these areas. Gahanna, Pickerington & Reynoldsburg public schools are good as far as I know. Keep me posted :))

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  3. YesGee

YesGee New IL'ite

Hi I just looked at your postings on the weight loss thread. I could really use a weight loss buddy like you :p I really wish you would move where I live <sigh>.

4. sweetnilla

sweetnilla Senior IL'ite

Hiyesgee,

Finally somebody did reply. Thank you so so much. I am still in bloomfield hills MI. Moving in June 2012. Job is in Chillicothe. Hubby looking for job in columbus. DD is going to 2nd grade . I am originally from coimbatore, hubby is from madras. Life was great in bloomfield hills with a great bunch of friends. DD goes to tamil class on the week ends. My weightloss journey is endless. It has been going on for many many years. Not ready to give up yet. Where do you live?tell me the city/suburb. I am looking for houses to rent in chillicothe too. Hubby feels first year of job -I should live close to job. Even then I would want to move to columbus asap. In any case I am looking to make good friends. Do you have kids?? If so how old are they. I am willing to join any weight loss program you suggest. keep me posted. Thanks for replying.

5. YesGee

YesGee New IL'ite

Hi, Good to see your reply. Neengalum Tamilnadu thana? We r from chennai too. I have 2 kids aged 8 & 5. Living in Reyn. Like I said in my previous post indians are very sparse. I have heard about a Tamil class here too. I work in Columbus (IT). I am on the same boat as you on the weightloss :( Haven't joined any weight loss program. Have you started hunting for houses to rent in Chillicothe? Let me know if you visit Columbus. we can try & meet up.

1 person likes this.
  6. sweetnilla

sweetnilla Senior IL'ite

Hi Yesgee,

This is sweet nilla. We finally moved to Chillicothe. Hubby got a job here and so we decided to move here instead of columbus. It is a daze and still unpacking and it seems endless. Message me here and we can catch when we make a trip to columbus. I will try to message you ? send a pm-i will figure it out.

Cheers. Hopefully we get to meet sometime.:)

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  7. YesGee

YesGee New IL'ite

Hi Sweetnilla. Good to know that you have moved. Good luck to you both on the new jobs. I tried sending youa PM but looks like I need to have certain no. of posts / month in order to use that functionality. I am not that active here :) Are you on any other forums/websites? Let me know.

8. sweetnilla

sweetnilla Senior IL'ite

yesgee,

I am on myfitnesspal. If you are there in the same name I can look for you. I cannot PM you too. Are you on facebook??

9. YesGee

YesGee New IL'ite

Sweetnilla,

You can look me up at myfitnesspal (the same username). What's urs?

10. Aanandapriya

Aanandapriya New IL'ite

Hi All ,
    Help needed to find the good apartment in Dublin with good schools near by .Moving from Kansas next week with 4 month old baby and 5 year old kid