1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Columbus ladies introduce yourself here

Discussion in 'Indians in Columbus' started by radhikasreeram, Aug 14, 2008.

1. radhikasreeram

radhikasreeram New IL'ite

Hello ILs from columbus ohio,

Please introduce yourself here.........

I am sure there are a lot of indians in columbus but to get to know and finding them is really difficult since each of us are busy with something or the other. I thought if we introduce ourselves here we can at least start with chatting with each other in this forum.... come on ladies lets talk.......

to start with...

I am radhika, a home maker and a mother of a 5 month old. I am an ardent carnatic music listener. I love to cook a variety of cuisine. I live in Westerville Ohio!

2. sulaksuresh

sulaksuresh New IL'ite

Hi all

Yes, Radhika...there are lot of indians in Columbus,Ohio
    I am Sulakshana living in Polaris area, Columbus,ohio.I am mother of twins a girl and a boy...so the day is fully occupied. I moved to this place from New Jersey just more than an year back...I ws very confused about this place, bt after coming here am so happy seeing lot of indians.

I am very sure there are a lot of I-lites here in columbus,ohio.

See you all here...

rgds
    sulakshana

3. akilarajaraman

akilarajaraman Silver IL'ite

Hi

Im got engaged on Jan 23rd n getting married on Feb 19th. My fiance lives in Westerville, Columbus,Ohio...I will be thr on Mar 1st with him...

Ladies..pls gimme some suggestions reg must haves b4 i come thr...
    Need some inputs on carrying grinder n mixie....

Regards
    Akila

4. gayatri310

gayatri310 New IL'ite

Hi congrats and all the best and welcome to US, you can bring a 110volts mixie if you are interested but you can get them here too.For a minimal grinding you can manage with american blender and spice grinder.If you are really keen on carrying it, you can get them.

March is still cold so you can buy more of jeans tops or short kurtas may be depends on your taste as well.chudidhars and sarees you can think of wearing them only during summer or for a function so may be you can limit them in number,you can bring them in your next visits.First visit is kind of exploring and learning.

You have lot of ILites who will help you in lot of things

enjoy
    gayatri

5. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Welcome to Westerville ,Akila.Many of us are here,so you will not feel lonely.I knew a bachelor (or rather his parents who visited our home once last September) who was planning to get married,maybe you are the lucky girl!:hiya

If your fiance is already here,he must be having some stuff with him already.So check and then do accordingly.Agree with Gayathri,you will need jeans for this weather.Good winter wear like jackets,thermals,socks ,shoes too to beat the cold and to walk on snow and ice!!:rotfl

6. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

Akila,

Mixie's and grinders will be useful if you are going to stay here for a long time.How long are you going to stay here.Check with him if he already has a mixie here or else you can bring it later .

Jeans would definitely be helpful.Other than these utensils like pressure cooker,Idli cooker would probably help if you need them.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  7. akilarajaraman

akilarajaraman Silver IL'ite

hi gaya3 sunitha n manjula!

firstly tks for yr wishes n warm welcome! after reading yr messages i too feel that im not gonna feel lonely...!!

hi sunitha..my fiance's parents havent visited usa as yet.. :)

i have taken note of yr inputs! tks ppl! when can we expect summer thr??

i have already bought pressure cooker..idli thattu etc etc..so indian vessels no issues.. reg short kurtas..any spec place in chennai where i can buy short kurtas from taking into consideration the durabilty at USA..

Thanks again! Keep in touch n keep writing..tks :)

8. Asha77

Asha77 New IL'ite

Hi I am a new member to IL from Columbus,OH.Glad to see the post from columbus ladies.I live near bethel road mother of 6 year old

9. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

Hello Asha,

Nice to see you here.What is your kid's name.Where do you live in bethel road?We are staying in dublin.

10. meenamurali

meenamurali New IL'ite

Hi
    I am Meena. We are in Dublin. You can private message me. We can chat more.

Meena

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2009