1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Collectors Of Grievances

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by HariLakhera, Apr 11, 2022.

1. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

COLLECTORS OF GRIEVANCES.
    Sometimes it seems that if all of us sit in a group with our own grievances box open, then a good dictionary of grievances can be made.
    Somebody has grievances with the neighbor - Hey brother, the neighbor is not selected, just like the boss in the office and husband and wife in the house. We get them. Accept it as it is and move on. Now if the neighbors, the locality, or the people of the world get a break from their own grievances, then they will think of you!
    Some have to deal with health-related problems which some are curable and some are incurable. For example, joint pain with age. Now start singing it every morning from the beginning of getting up till you go to sleep, then even the pills to reduce the pain will fail.
    What to do about the elders - it used to happen in our times, today's generation is ruined, neither knows how to respect the elders nor the old traditions. Who should remind you that your elders also used to say the same thing about you?
    Somebody has grievances with the government - the government does not work like Aladdin's lamp! Rub a little bit and Ginni appears, Hukum my master! Go, put an end to covid! Go, get rid of pollution from Delhi! It was just a matter of saying by the government and the trouble was over. Hey brother, the government is run by people like you and me, neither does it drip from the sky nor are they any incarnation.
    Somebody has trouble with the job – all politics and favoritism, if I get another, I will leave. Oh not job, change your thinking. The meaning of the job is to say YES. Be lucky that you got it otherwise you would have been facing unemployment sitting at home.
    Somebody is complaining about the rising prices – it is simple, demand and supply. Higher the consumption, higher the price. The government puts it in one pocket and takes it out of the other pocket. The principle of economics is - that all needs cannot be met at the same time, but one need can be fulfilled at a time. Do what is necessary first and by gathering resources, fulfill the second and the third needs one after the other.
    Somebody has everything, but the complaint is why rail fares are increasing? The fare of the plane has started touching the sky. Hey brother, how many people go by plane at their expense? If the company is paying, then what is the complaint about. The company has to pay tax only after putting in the expenses and reducing the profits.
    Somebody has a complaint about the weather - it's too hot, it's raining, it's dry, it's too cold. Hey brother, everyone is complaining about the weather but no one can do anything. Why, like the British, are you always angry at the weather? If it is hot then there is a fan / AC, if it is cold then there is a heater / warm clothes, if it is raining then there is an umbrella. If there is a drought, which crop do you want to grow?
    Some have complaints with every member of the house, some do not like the relationship, and there is some deficiency in everyone. God didn't make everyone the same! Do not seek shortcomings, seek the good, you will get peace. Just be proud of him for that.
    The ruling party complains about the opposition and the opposition about the ruling party. We are, therefore the country is going on, you had drowned it, all this would not have happened if we were there. With great difficulty, we raised the country on its own feet, you destroyed it all. Now, who should remind you that what you used to say sam while in the opposition, you are listening to the same after coming to power? The record is the same, the player has changed. Have fun as long as you can. The country was built by the people, will continue building it. You take the credit and if things go good, and for every bad impose it on the opposition.
    Somebody has a complaint against God. How is this justice? The rapist is having, what is the use of worshiping? Brother, do your work! You know he knows that he is doing wrong and because of fear he cannot sleep properly even on velvet mattresses at night. There are webs in the courts of big Badshahs.
    And I have a complaint with the readers- not reading.
    The truth is that we have grievances with ourselves and cannot find them, then we look at others and the mind becomes light.
    There is a long list of complaints. I need some great person who can put all kinds of complaints in one word (one-word substitution) so that I can prepare a dictionary.
    For example, one who complains all the time is called a grumbler or murmurer, then what about the one who complains about health all the time? Tried a lot but it is not happening.

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Hari Sir,

I always feel expectation is a downfall of humanity. I have said it before but will say it again. The human growth formula is as follows:

Human Development = Ability to improve own performance/Ability to reduce own expectations

It is equivalent of P/E ratio in stock trade except instead of earnings, it is expectations.

A person who often grumbles about sickness can be named as grumbsick.

HariLakhera likes this.
  3. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Dear Shri Viswa,
    Thanks for suggesting the word.
    Yes, the P/E ratio is important but I see it as more of a psychological problem. Or is it just humane? I see very healthy, intelligent, qualified, successful people complaining. Why?

Viswamitra likes this.