1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Collage!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Sep 6, 2017.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

I am now old enough, not to react for anything. Numbers and transactions go past me. Having undergone scores of changes to my being, I don't know even how I look now, though hoping to be better than before. In fact, it is strange, but true that my newer parts are failing more frequently than the older ones. Perhaps it reflects that I exist yet, many who came after me didn't. Not that I don't miss them, but, hey! I told you - I am past all these, hoping that I will live for a long time here. Who knows? My wish may come true.

Ah! That lovely child runs faster to avoid it's mom's reach and was caught by its dad, who hugs it tight. Her eyes go as big as a plane and she squeals in delight. I watch it, feel a bit tender and just carry myself a bit. The tired father is reunited with his family now. No words can describe what I saw in their eyes. Why is it that happy moments brings a tear or two always? For me, its non-existent though.

I see the other side where an impatient crowd is waiting. I can make out what that young man mutters and that brings a smile. "Oh! Those glorious days!", I reminisce and was lost a bit, seeing people carrying their bags and wonder what they carry and why. Now you can get anything anywhere. isn't it? Fine, I am getting senile and complain for everything. May be.

I am used to seeing a crowd at any time of the day, and loathe long week-ends and festive occasions. And I equally hate those rare times when I could spot so lesser of them as well. That brings me a chill in my spine, as I wonder what went wrong. I feel so lonely then and ruminate about whether I am useful or not. Ah! Here is a bunch of those young ones leaving home, may be for the first time. I could see only joy as they are together, but also know that there will be a tinge of sorrow for leaving their dear ones too. Ah! It must be the wee hours of the day. I don't get much sleep you know? And the sight of all these young fellas made me feel better. You are only old as your company. Right?

Life turns around a full circle for me. Almost everyday! Births and deaths do happen and I stand as a silent witness to all. I keep wondering why you all consider something so terribly important, leaving those that really are. Well! Its your life. I let out a sigh as I see a couple of those visiting birds start. Like the beach and train, this thing amazes me always. You know what I like the most? Not my name, people! Its my code. Yes, you heard it right - MAA.

p.s. Let me know if you don't get who this is.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017

2. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Wow RGS...
    Reading your post after a long time...
    Lovely...your new style ..!!

rgsrinivasan likes this.
  3. rgsrinivasan

Thanks a lot KNBG, for your like and first feedback.
    Happy to see you again, after a long time. :)
    I feel so rusty now, its long since I wrote a snippet too! -rgs

4. rgsrinivasan

In case its too confusing - Sorry, its the Chennai Airport [Airport Code: MAA] and I tried describing the events from its point of view. -rgs

teenulahari likes this.
  5. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear rgs ,
    After a long long time in snippets. Welcome.
    I thought it as a railway station...it is airport!
    Good one.
    When one is in the waiting lounge we see so many human emotions!!! Very true.
    Yes, why do they carry so much of luggage?
    I saw some sending honey, tamarind etc? Apart from pickles, snacks,powders!
    Hope to see you often.
    Syamala

rgsrinivasan likes this.
  6. rgsrinivasan

Thanks Syamala, for your feedback. Happy to write and get feedback again, from you, who is always supportive to many of us here. Will try writing more. And there is one thing that I liked the most while concluding this. Like the great grandmother, who is still alive, watching things all around, but past all emotions due to age and above all, that gracious nature of accepting any and everything with equal poise, all these points of travel appear to me. They remain for a long time as they are useful. -rgs

shyamala1234 likes this.
  7. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear rgs
    It has been quite sometime since I entered your portals. I have been reading you ever since you made your entry into IL and in the seven years that you have been writing here, you have developed a distinctive style of your own. It is seldom that we see someone who is proficient both in prose and poetry. I certainly envy you there!
    Children always give a bit of exercise to their parents. It is possibly to avoid taking them to Doctors regularly at a later stage in life as my daughters do now. They probably feel sorry that they did not make me run when they were children!
    My feeling is that children enjoy a travel by train a lot more than by flight. They have plenty to see in a busy station. As a child , I always preferred a window seat so that I could put my head outside and watch the moving earth. I always ended up with eyes full of coal dust but it never bothered me.
    A lovely thread as always, rgs!
    Sri

rgsrinivasan likes this.
  8. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Wonderful write up RGS! What an expression!Simply superb!

This reminds me of my own experience of imagining myself as River Ganga straight from origin to Sangamam in viva-voce in Hindi Visharad Exam.I was in Pre University Class then and I had never seen Ganga at.But I could bring to my mind all the scenes of Haridwar, Rishikesh and Kashi etc and give a description in Hindi.A nice experience to place ourselves in the position of a river, mountain , or train or plane .We get such occasions very rarely in life.
    My cousin's MIL took some Green Karuveppilai from India to Boston.She was caught.Her box was emptied and all the packages were thrown out.The lady was adamant that all her sarees etc should be folded and neatly rearranged by the authorities and the box closed .After sending away all the passengers they had to oblige.

Jayasala 42

rgsrinivasan likes this.
  9. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

[QUOTE="rgsrinivasan, post: 4006006, member:
    Happy to see you again, after a long time. :)
    I feel so rusty now, its long since I wrote a snippet too! -rgs[/QUOTE]
    :) That was a great take off ..and smooth landing too...kudos!

rgsrinivasan likes this.
  10. rgsrinivasan

Your response brought a smile to my lips, Cheeniya Sir! I see your self deprecating humour all along and appreciate you for that. :) Besides, I prefer train journeys too, even now. Not that I traveled much in flights though to come to this conclusion. Thanks for following me all along. I am moved by your motivation and support. -rgs