1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

cold during pregnancy - Plz help

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by nirusharma, Jan 7, 2009.

1. nirusharma

nirusharma New IL'ite

Hi IL,

My sister who is pregnant is having cold for abt 4 months. doctor said no medicine can be given since she is pregnant. she tried all the home remedies like vicks vapors, ajwain, haldi milk etc....

Plz can anyone suggest some remedies for cold for a pregnant woman......

Thanks,
    Niru

2. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi Niru,

so sad for your sister...she is four months pregnant or she is suffering from cold since last four months... in India too doctor dont advice any medicine for cold during pregnancy ... they say go for home remedies usually haldi milk is good but during pregnancy one can't consume haldi in big amount without cooking it causes contractions... she can try black pepper kalimirch pdr with honey it may help.. tell her to drink pepper tea, ginger tea.... if cold is for long time it may effect baby too she may suffer viral infection so tell her to get some immediate medication from doctor only not by herself..

i can suggest accupressure will be best for your sister.. tell her to press tip of her fingers gently for two minutes twice a day...this may help her..

3. loveleen001

loveleen001 Senior IL'ite

Hey Niru!!
    [SIZE=+2]P[/SIZE]regnancy can cause your mucous membranes to swell. This can make it more difficult to get rid of coughs, colds, etc.

Here are a few remedies... u can help your sister to try them out, and see the results...

Herbal Decoction for colds:
    4 Cloves
    1 teaspoon coriander seeds
    a few slices of fresh ger
    1 pints of water
    a slice of lemon
    honey

Add the spices to the water, bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes. Add the lemon and simmer for a further 5 minutes. Strain and sweeten with honey. Drink a hot cup of this every 2 hours.

Peppermint
    Chickweed
    Echinacea
    Blackberry leaves ​
    Mix equal parts of the herbs in a container and take a heaping teaspoon into a tea bag. Steep in boiling water for 10 minutes. Sweeten with honey. You can drink this as often as needed for cold symptoms.

Do let me know how your sister feels after trying this.!
    Regards!

4. chidambaripanyam

chidambaripanyam Senior IL'ite

Dear Niru

My sister too suffered with cold during her pregnancy. She consulted our family ENT doctor. Doctor prescribed her a spray. It helped her a lot. Treatment for cold during normal life is different and during pregnancy we have to be very carefull. Now my sister forgot the name of the spray.

Suggest your sister to consult a good ENT doctor so that doctor will guide her correctly.