Coffee Mornings

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by iyerviji, Apr 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Some people are having actual coffee mornings. I thought why not we have virtual coffee mornings, where we can convey to each other how our morning was.

Mornings are always fresh and we feel active. We can share how our morning was. Every day we get up with some expectations , some are fulfilled but some are not fulfilled. If we have no expectations then we can be happy but life is full of expecatations only whether it is fulfilled or not

Today I got up as usual first logging in to IL and took a glance at the forums. As usual did the morning chores.
    Instead of making chapati which I make everyday for breakfast , today made Dosa and chutney for a change. Today being Thursday did Sai pooja and offered Payasam. Just when I finsihed the pooja and was making dosa , the paper man came for his bill payment. Felt as if God has come in his form and gave him payasam. He gave his good wishes which I need very badly.

Hot season has started in Mumbai. If u sit at home it is nice but outside is very hot. We had to go to bank and by the time we came back I felt very tired because of the heat.

So mymorning went like this.

A wonderful day to all my sweeties

love
    viji

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Today had to make only breakfast as we were going for Sita Kalyanam and had lunch there.

Today morning when I logged in to IL net was not available so got disappointed. Then after making breakfast and doing pooja logged in to IL and could only go through the different forums.

Left at 9.30 for Sita Kalyanam. It was very nice. Beginning Unchivriti was there. Then one person came dressed as Shankaracharya and they showed the importance of Kanakadhara Stotram. Then showed the importance of Bhaja Govindam. Then showed us about Pundarigan kadhai.
    Each item was shown by singing the songs and narrating about that story.
    Finally Sita Kalyanam was performed. It got over by 2.00 p.m.

The Samaj every year during Sita Kalyanam and Radha Kalyanam auction Coconut and they say whoever buys that coconut whatever wish they have is fulfilled. The Bhagavadhar there was saying that one girl did not get married for long time. Soem 40 boys had come to see her but no luck. Then she bought this coconut and her marriage was fixed with the first boy who came to see her.

So my morning went nicely today hearing all about God.

By the time I wrote this it is alreayd evening.

Take care everybody

love
    viji

sindmani likes this.
  3. Richa_05

Richa_05 Senior IL'ite

Hi Viji,
    As promised, thought I'd post what I made for breakfast and report about my morning here today.

Well, had toast with omelette and rava-veg uppama for breakfast today. My son has Easter holidays starting today until April 12, 2009 so he's home. Wouldn't find time to come and spend time at IL for a week but would stop by to contribute as and when time permits.

4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Richa

Nice of you to have given boni to this thread. I thought I will stop as noone seems to be interested in this thread. Now since you have coem I think I will continue. Thanks dear

Wish your son a nice holidayand enjoy with him.
    love
    viji

Last edited: Apr 5, 2009
  5. rajiravi

rajiravi Bronze IL'ite

Hi Viji m'am,

I am joining you in this thread. Today, little late From tomorrow, I will appear promptly in the morning itself.

Had chapathi with tomato sagu for breakfast today. Today, school reopened for my daughters after Annual Exam's short break. My LO is going to new campus (from 5th std, they have another campus, which is little far), so she is more thrilled.

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Raji

Glad to see you here. Hope more and more people join here. All the best for your LO in the coming year. So now she will go from primary to secondary.

Today I made milagootal . Had with chapati. . My neighbour came and gave sevai since her friend had given lot it seems. So that will be having in the evening with mor kuzambu.

Morning got a very good news that my sil's daughter's marriage is fixed. It was long awaited so felt very happy.

Yesterday there was Satyanarayana Pooja in my younger daughter's house. We had gone there yesterday and had lunch there. She came to give flowers, plantain and boondi ladoo.

love
    viji

7. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

My morning would be your late afternoon , so am I welcome in this thread Viji ji ?

Today being sunday morning, I woke up lazily and started with my routine of honey with lukewarm water.

Finished my aerobics just now and logged into IL to see if there are any interesting tidbits like this.

Virtual Coffee mornings ! Wow that is a new paradigm in networking and who else but only our lovable Viji can come up with it ..:thumbsup

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sabitha

Nice to see you here. You are definitely welcome. I am overjoyed that in your busy schedule u took time to come here. Thanks for your compliments. I think Richa has brought luck to this thread. On her stepping in you and Raji stepped in.

I think for this also I have to keep a challenge. But dont know whether it will work. So let me wait and see whether to keep or not. What say my sweeties.

love
    viji

9. Richa_05

Richa_05 Senior IL'ite

Hi Sabitha, Viji, Raji and all others
    A very good morning.......had your coffee?????

I had mine and today I made garlic toasts and batata-pohe.

Thought for the day for today :
    "Enthusiasm releases the drive to carry you over obstacles and adds significance to all you do".

Have a lovely day ahead and thanks Viji for your kind words. Thank you, indeed.

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

I think I started this thread without God's blessings.Thats why less people here. So today let me start with His blessings.

One who seeks shelter at the lotus feet of Lord Krishna is immediately protected by the Lord. By taking protection of Lord Krishna one comes under he safest protection. If one can remember Krishna at the time of death, one's life is successful.

Today my sister has completed 40 years of married life. So wished her and took her blessings. One friend of mine has also completed 22 years of married life and she took our blessings. She was surprised that I remembered and wish her.

Now coming to this thread today I made Chenai and Vazakkai bhaji to have with Chapathi.

Morning went to Shiva temple. So morning has been good for me.

In coffee mornings, coffee is a must , so here is hot hot filter coffee for all of u.:coffee

See you all tomorrow during coffee morning.

love and hugs
    viji

sindmani likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.