1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

cod liver capsules

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by priyanka, Feb 19, 2007.

1. safa

safa Bronze IL'ite

I had taken Cod liver oil capsules for about 8 years continuously..No change in weight..

2. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Those who took cod liver oil tablets for long and did not gain weight- lucky and good for you. It is a good supplement. As indicated in my first post, I had many positive benefits.

Am also reposting(pasting) part of my first post where I made it clear that it could have been a freak case for me.
    A doctor told me that most cod liver oil tablets contain lot of cod fat which make us gain weight. I dont know if this is fully true, or if I am a unique (freak) case of adding weight after CL tablets.

3. priyanka

priyanka Junior IL'ite

Hi all,

Can Cod liver be taken without consultation?Is it good for menopausal women?Everyone has mentioned the good effects,but has anyone taken these capsules for arthritus?

thanks
    priyanka

4. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Dear Priyanka,

It should do good for the menopausal women. It contains lots of anti oxidants, Vitamin A , VitaminD , calcium and other things.
    It is widely taken to ease the pain and joint stiffness associated with arthritis but has also been clinically proven to have a positive effect on heart, bone and brain health, as well as helping to nourish skin, hair and nails. ( as per Wikipedia) If you like to know more about these you can go to the site Cod liver oil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You can take cod liver oil capsules. If you like th taste, because some do not.
    No consultations are necessary. There are no side effects. I have used it.
    All the best
    Latha :wave

5. priyanka

priyanka Junior IL'ite

THANKS TO ALL,for great response.

6. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Vit E found in this oil improves fertility besides serving as an antioxidant. Like with any omega-3 fatty acid, cod liver oil reduces the chances of blood clotting. This is why is reduces the chance of cardiomyopathies & stroke. Having said that when taken in excess it can cause excessive bleeding when there's an injury. But this long term effect varies with the dosage & from person to person. Also cod liver oil is not advisable for people with hypercholestrolemia, obesity or heart conditions.

Eskimos are known to have a very healthy heart 'coz of high amounts of Vit E & omega-3 f.a. but unfortunately most often they die of bleeding disorders - especially because of their lifestyle combined with life long high dosage of anti-coagulants.

-L.

7. sonia

sonia Bronze IL'ite

Thanx all for ur suggestuions.I wanted to start taking some tablets iron,calcium etc.I never tried any.Saw this discussion so asked.Now I will start this one and also powder in my cooking for my family.

Thanks agn.:2thumbsup:

8. Antu601

Antu601 Senior IL'ite

Thanks for this wonderful discussions you all have made and i will surely start using cod liver oil capsules.:thumbsup
    I needed to know are these the same capsules by the name "seven seas cod liver oil capsules?
    thanks again.

9. deepthijv

deepthijv Bronze IL'ite

Thank u all for ur great suggestions, i always had doubts reg taking cod liver capsules, i think i shud start taking them now.

Please suggest which one is good, cod liver capsules or flax seed oil capsules?

Deepthi