Coconut breaking after puja(s) and what it means based on the way it breaks!?

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by queenie29, Aug 13, 2013.

1. queenie29

queenie29 Silver IL'ite

Hi,

We all break coconut(s) after performing puja; and the way the coconut breaks has different meanings (thats what i was told many times since childhood).

Example:
    1) When we break the coconut and it breaks neatly in 2 halves, meaning the puja is accepted and wishes/God will look after us (of something like that).
    2) if we get a flower inside the coconut, it symbolizes that good is going to happen -wishes will be fulfilled.

Please can you also include what meaning you draw based on how the coconut breaks..

Thanks

1 person likes this.

2. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

In our community there is a saying that if the coconut cracks lengthwise, then its a sign of a new baby's arrival.

2 people like this.
  3. Muthuraji

Muthuraji IL Hall of Fame

Coconut should not be broken into three pieces. It should be into two only. That's what my mil, mother and all say.

1 person likes this.
  4. zainabsarfraz

zainabsarfraz Platinum IL'ite

my inlaws too believe that.

1 person likes this.
  5. shama5

shama5 New IL'ite

I broke a coconut after the pooja and first the shell cracked in half and when I tried to open only shell of one half came out but the coconut itself was intact. So I took the other side and tried to break it. Same thing happened, shell came out but the main coconut stayed intact. Does that mean anything - good, bad, or nothing?

Thanks

6. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Platinum IL'ite

1)If the coconut is spoiled then something bad is going to happen.
    2)If the 3 eye side becomes bigger then the woman's wish will come true and if the other side is big then it's the guy's wish.
    3)If it beaks to many pieces its not good.It should not break shapeless also

all these are if you believe then you believe,if you don't then you don't.

1 person likes this.
  7. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

i have heard that if someone in the family is pregnant they will not break coconut.Unaware as to what goes behind all these theories. God knows :coffee
    As JAM says, all these are if you believe then you believe,if you don't then you don't.