1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Cockroaches

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by rithi, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

My 2 cents here since everyone has given good advice

But I am going to give practical advice which will work for us in the south like NC, SC GA

Hire a professional company to get rid of pests

The price is very little to pay for this problem
    The south is notorious for this and this alone works for me

Hope i helped

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Yes, I agree with Anandchitra. If it is getting to you and your sleep, then do something about it. See if you can get such a professional help. It may cost a hundred bucks or so, but it will win your peace of mind...:)

L, Kamla

3. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Shanthi,

You should have secretly clicked his photograph from your mobile. WE could have published it in the newspaper and capture him. It sounds great.. We should seriously hunt for him..... Can we call somebody who can draw sketches.. please describe him...

4. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Laxman rekha works.

Since you are going to India shortly, you will be locking up your house for sometime. Try to arrange a fumigation to be done a few hours before you are leaving. The fumes will kill all the bugs and roaches. Of course, when u come back you will have a messy house and lots of work- but is worth it.

5. rithi

rithi New IL'ite

As we live in a apt. I need to find out from my manager about calling a pest control company. Our management itself arranges for pest control once a month but I don't see much of help.

Shanti's remedy is pretty intresting. Any ILites from Kerala having knowledge regarding this?

I'm very prone to all kind of allergies and have a toddler girl at home. So need to eradicate those roackes in a eco-friendly manner.

Rithi

6. ramyanand

ramyanand Gold IL'ite

Hi
    Check if thers a gap in the drain and especially dont leave the space underneath the sink damp...
    My friend uses cockroach bait..It comes with a childproof case..She said its effective to some extent

Cheers
    Ramya

7. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

I am surprised to hear the pest control did not workfor you. It is very eco friendly no harm at all to kids and pets and the best.
    Please contact mgmt and try again.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2007
  8. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

Have you tried "Lysol- Disinfectant Spray"?
    I havent had cockroches, But i guess it will help.

9. ketal

ketal Bronze IL'ite

hi
    shanvy
    good idea
    my house is haunted with Mosquito.
    Any idea suggestion pl send

ketal

10. aannccyy

aannccyy New IL'ite

Cockroaches are really a menace. YUKSS !!
    In UAE, pest control people come and put a paste in every nook and corner, but it iisnt very good . the cokkys come back again. Kitchen is their favourite place. Once in 3 months, i take out all vessels and spray PIF PAF . That will work for some time ,but not long.Best way is to try and keep your apartment clean .Ask your neighbour too to do the same. Those areas that are less used are cockkys homeplace. So re-arrange things once in a while. Having a kid at home and doing all this must be a hell of a lot work for u. So if u r going on a vacation , i suggest u put ur entire things in one room and have the entire area done with a good and strong pesticide from your local store. By the time u r bak ,everything will b clear.