Cockroaches problem- Pls suggest good pest control

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Dubai' started by annu1881, Sep 13, 2009.

1. annu1881

annu1881 Bronze IL'ite

Hi friends,
    we have severe problem of German cockroaches (small ones) in our kitchen. Just cant figure out what to do. We have tried the local pest control agents whose pamplets come to doorstep. They charge 200 Dhs and the cockroaches come back in 1.5- 2 months. They give guarantee for 6 months but if we call them again, they never come. In India, my parenst have been using Godrej hi care pest control and they dont have a single cockroach. I tried that gel and applied it in Dubai with little effect. What i believe is those big cocroaches in India are American cocroaches and obviously would have different repellants.
    Pls suggest me some solutions to get rid of this cocroach in Dubai. Else pls suggest me some really good pest control services who are committed and really effective. I dont want to try those local pest control agents who have same type of pamplets coming with Gulf news which are useless.
    Thanks.

2. jils

jils Bronze IL'ite

it is very difficult to eradicate cockroaches completely , even if u do so they start migrating from the nearby flat after sometime .
    the more strong the pesticide you use , the more the bad effect on us .

I too have this problem ... i never leave a cockroach alive , the small ones are easy to kill .
    cleanliness ...... find out where in the kitchen the cockroaches are more that is their breeding centre and keep the area clean and wipe with disinfectant
    clean the cabinets often .........
    starve them .......
    i donot recommend any strong pesticide esp. when a small baby is around.

any one with more useful tips ..........

Last edited: Sep 14, 2009
  3. thejasree

thejasree New IL'ite

Hi,

The best way is to opt for a Govt. approved Pest Control service, which is available in the Classifieds section of the Gulf News. Two years back when we did it, the charge was Dhs 100/-, and when we found 1-2 cockroaches we called them back,(since it was 1 year guarantee) and they reapplied the gel free of charge and then there were none. Ask for a receipt when you pay the amount (which proves the genuineness of the service provider).
    Also, i feel we have to take care that the kitchen is clean every night!!

Hope this helps.

Thejasree

4. annu1881

annu1881 Bronze IL'ite

Thanks jils.

Thejashree, thanks, can you pls suggest the name of the pest control service you hired and found satisfied. I have tried many and not useful.