1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Cockroaches In The Kitchen

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by Nuzhath, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Nuzhath

Nuzhath Silver IL'ite

Hi
    I haven't searched this forum for tips on cockroach cleanup.

Would appreciate some tips on how to get rid of cockroaches. Due to the lockdown, we are unable to get the pest control team -it requires for us to vacate the house atleast for the night. And currently, visitors are banned.

I cleaned the sink outlet, did all the usual - but I think the source is still alive.

They will survive a nuclear war, they say.
    :(
    Regards
    Nuzhath

Thyagarajan likes this.

2. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

The most effective way to get rid of them completely is ofcourse getting the house fumigated and treatment through pest control. However, in view of the current situation, you can try buying the pest repellent Gel available in all departmental stores. Apply this gel in all the places you find infestation, especially in all shelves in the kitchen, dry place under the kitchen sink etc. I have found this very effective . I dont remember the name of the Gel, as its long since i used and to date their is nil pest of any sort. You can google for the same. Hope this helps

3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Hi take it easy. Yes things scarce COVID times can’t venture outdoor even online delivery man May deliver with products our darling COVID novel virus.
    2. This for only repelling cockroaches:

• Mix water and flour wheat or rice and then add equal quantity of bleaching powder into it. Mix well as you do ‘kneading” for chappathi. Make small marble size of this ready mix into balls. Place these balls in cracks or crevices and the outlets drains, bins et al. This would repelling and keeping cockroaches out of your ways and out of sight. Less innocuous. Small kids you should guard as they tend to like and put in their mouth.
    Regards.