1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Cloth Menstruation Pads

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by mangaii, May 6, 2021.

1. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

Has anyone switched to cloth menstruation pads ? I got a cup but I didn't know how to use it properly . After multiple attempts I gave up. I have never used tampons only pads till now. My next attempt is to see if cloth pads will work . I have really long periods almost 6 days which is making things really bad for my skin. I tried chlorine free pads and have found some relief but on heavy days these don't work the same as regular pads. I don't want to purchase and then not use it. If anyone has made switch please share your experience on taking care of these pads.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2021

2. Flyhigher

Flyhigher Gold IL'ite

Trust me menstrual cup is best than any other options according to me, it does go inside when inserted properly.
    It takes a bit of practice. If you feel that you have to force the cup up, then know that you are going the wrong way. Take your time. It took me few months to learn that. Try few more times.

First, wash your hands, sterilise cup. By rinsing in water it becomes slippery or use any personal lubricant.

Next you have to fold it in (there are different folds / methods used)
    6D4F69B1-CA6E-41F5-A6C3-AA0974698ED0.png

Insert the cup in the vagina, the menstrual cup should sit a few inches below the cervix.

Rotate the cup and it will open to create the airtight seal that stops leaks.

mangaii, Hopikrishnan and Anisu like this.
  3. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

I have purchased some cloth pads and using it from 3rd day to 6th day. Cloth pads are good. I would not use it on the first day due to the heavy flow. We can definitely use it if we stay at home.
    I also feel menstrual cup is the best option. Some of my friends have started using it and have given a good feedback.

mangaii and Hopikrishnan like this.
  4. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

I switched from pads to organic cotton tampons and Thinx underwear. Work really well!