1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Climb Every Mountain And Use Your Wi-fi

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, May 12, 2017.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@PushpavalliSrinivasan
    I will have to agree with that statement totally! It is customary for old guys like me to say 'kali muthi pochu' when we encounter actions that were sacrilege in our days!
    Sri

2. Cheeniya

@shyamala1234
    My dear Syamala
    I am a great fan of Abba and one particular song of them I like so much:
    "In my dreams I have a plan
    If I got me a wealthy man
    I wouldn't have to work at all, I'd fool around and have a ball...

A man like that is hard to find but I can't get him off my mind
    Ain't it sad
    And if he happens to be free I bet he wouldn't fancy me
    That's too bad"

Whether it is Abba, X, Y or Z, everyone wants to be rich and comfortable in life. For some, it is a passionate dream and in pursuance of that, they work very hard and land a seat in IIT or some such academics which will help their dream come true. I see nothing wrong in it. In our days, opportunities were very limited and an IAS or a Bank job was considered as the 'dream come true'. My age groups migrated to US only because their children found a foothold there. The situation has changed further. Two of my nieces have got married to Americans and found a great living. When India does not have enough opportunity to reward the enterprising youngsters, such exodus is inevitable.

This is what you say but I know a number of parents who are extremely proud that their kids are not 'the run of the mill' type. My grandson once asked me how I spent my time in my youth without a cell phone! I used to explain to him how the dials in those ancient phones functioned!
    Sri

3. Cheeniya

@LakshmiKMBhat
    "What you have said about cell phones is true,it is as if they have become an extension of the human body"
    So true. I am sure there will be cell phones that will get embedded in the human body. 'State of the art' they will be called. We need to understand that not all growth is beneficial. Human body flourishes with healthy cells but if they become cancerous, it will be the end.
    Sri

LakshmiKMBhat likes this.
  4. Cheeniya

@jayasala42
    That was a nice response!
    Absolutely true. It is for me to change my mindset to start liking the ever changing world. Grumblers have no role here!
    Sri

5. Cheeniya

@Anusowmyan
    When I was young, I ate everything and digested them too. At my present state, it has undergone a sea change.
    Even a glass of milk is tough to digest. I can't find fault with the youngsters for eating what I cannot digest!
    Sri

6. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,

I will target you one more time. Give me a few minutes. I am about to meet you outside your Rambling haunt!

No unfairness this time.

oj

7. Cheeniya

@ojaantrik

My dear OJ
    The fact that you have read my Rambling is enough to satisfy me no end. You will always remain the landmark that I should reach
    Srin

8. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

There is a sudden uptick in board games in the US and many young men and women are getting involved in designing and developing board games online so that it can be played online with unknown people.

I wish someone come up with a treasure hunt type of game with the help of Google earth challenging the young men and women to find a specific beautiful island, lake, conservation, Sunrise or Sunset in a specific spot, Museum, historic place, etc. and write about it.

Viswa

9. Cheeniya

@Viswamitra
    My dear Viswa
    Gaming is a billion dollar business in internet. In India, Rummy has become a craze on the net. Rummy, as you may (not) know, is a game played with thirteen cards. I used to play this with friends in the club and gave it up when I was making one rupee for every Rs.100 I lost! I figured that I was losing when playing with veterans face to face. The famous cinema Villain Nambiar was a regular player in the club and never lost money! So when I saw the online Rummy game, I played with unknown faces hoping to earn back all that I lost in the clubs. But here I was making one rupee per every five hundred that I lost. I am a very pious man now and have stared giving sizable amount to charity!
    Sri

10. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

OK, there are multiple ramblings in this thread ranging from Chennai's Sound of the Hot Music to Suzie's blue and milky tooth . One at a time.

Climb every mountain,
    Ford every stream,
    Follow every rainbow,
    Till you find your dream

The title gave the impression that you were undertaking the Ascent of the Rum Doodle or in your case Wi-fi Doodle. If we are the stuff that dreams are made of — forget Prospero, I like the drawl of Maltese Falcon — why are dreams elusive. They outwit us, they outdistance us (pie in the sky), and at times the inconceivable ones outrun us and we are left chasing them mercilessly. In spite of such setbacks, those wispy dreams inject lingering hope to keep us going. Why even actualise those dreams. Why not be a Walter Mitty and live in your dreams rather than live your dreams. Climb, ford and follow till we find our dreams, or rather, till we resemble the shadows of our own dreams? Which one is convenient ...

There is no cap on fantastical dreams of moms. Your mom could have been practical and focussed in her assessment to make an IAS officer out of you but my Mom wanted me to become an orthopaedic surgeon one day, a professor the next day, and if I gurgled incoherent noise from the shower, she would swell that there was a singer in the family. I have seen this pride with other moms as well. Every mom feels that they are housing a child genius whose intellectuality will blind the world one day. My mom and other moms were quite disappointed that we turned out to be “ordinary” kids with no badassery to even provoke the eye.

Followed by,

Facebook, Facebook, have you any likes?
    Twitter, Twitter have you any shares?
    Yes sir, yes sir, three kilobytes full.
    One for the master,
    And one for the friend contact,
    And one for the Google AdSense
    Who lives down the Mountain View.

vaidehi71 likes this.