1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Cleaning the washing machine...

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by Applemoon, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Applemoon

Applemoon Silver IL'ite

Hey Ladies,,

Kindly give me some tips to clean the washing machine.. I mean the insides of the washing machine..

I have a front loader and I wash everything in that.. Everything from the daily clothes, bedsheets, doormats, rags, etc...(except my infants clothes)

After the wash the doormats / rags I just run the empty washing machine with a detergent and later wipe it clean with a cloth.... is that cleaning enough???

Now that I have decided to put my kiddos clothes also in the washing machine.. atleast for the rinsing... How should I clean it???

I heard baking powder and vinegar is good for cleaning but dont know how to use it....

2. Applemoon

Applemoon Silver IL'ite

Please reply ladies!!!!!

3. deepd

deepd Gold IL'ite

Hi applemoon,
    You should clean thewaste collector located near bottom of your machine. In LG front load its on left side . It stores all the dirt. You can check your machine's user manual for more cleaning instructions

4. Applemoon

Applemoon Silver IL'ite

Thanx deepd,

I do clean the lint collecter once in a while.. is that enough??

5. deepd

deepd Gold IL'ite

Yes it is...But along with this I would suggest you not to put Doormats and all in machine. They contain so much dirt sometimes hair too !! and some mats have fibres and threads coming out... these things can get stuck somewhere....

1 person likes this.
  6. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi
    I use Top loading one I never put doormats for the reason Deepa has mentioned and my washing machine service guy gave me a cleaning solition to use every one vor two months depending on frequency of using washing machine ...So please consult your washing machine service centre ...