1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

cleaning shower door

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by madhulika77, Apr 24, 2009.

1. madhulika77

madhulika77 New IL'ite

hai ladies,
    can anyone suggest how to remove the soap stains on the shower door?which product do u use...

2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Madhulika, here are some answers I found on googling.....I personally like Mr.clean eraser. Hope this helps and let us know what worked for you!

I didn't think our water was THAT hard, but after a couple months living in the new house, there's white streaks and spots all over the tub, tiles, and shower doors. Scrubbing Bubbles doesn't cut it. I looked at CLR in the store, but there are so many caveats about safety, I chickened out. I'd rather not have to wear a chemohazard suit to clean my bathtub.
    Any ideas? Should I try vinegar?

That's probably talc from soap scum mixed with the minerals from the water. Try dishwasher detergent - mix a cup in a bucket of warm water and apply. Leave on, then re-apply a few more times to melt the stuff. Then scrub off with a scrubbie sponge.
    Best thing to do in the future? Don't use bar soap. Use only liquid soaps or if you must have bar soap, switch to glycerin soaps.

<CENTER><TABLE width="90%">Kaboom is great for this and isn't toxic. Spary it on, leave it a bit. Take a long handled brush and scrub it around and rinse.

<CENTER><TABLE width="90%">I use the Mr. Clean eraser on the shower glass after I clean the glass with Windex really good. This work's for me. Nancy</CENTER>
    Here's the link : http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/cleaning/msg1112492718066.html
    </CENTER>

3. Deepali_deepali

Deepali_deepali Gold IL'ite

Dear madhulika,

As always, I am with my baking soda+ vinegar therapie. Mix some baking soda in old vinegar, spray on the door, leave for some time, then scrub with nylon scrubber. You may have to do it more than two or three time, but results will definitely be positive.

4. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

I agree with Deepali. these days all i use to clean anything is baking soda :)
    because it ddoesnt have carcinogenic chemicals which will affect my health and also doesnt leave any kind of odour or smell lingering around for hours.....

just cleans simply and really neat...

5. advitha

advitha Silver IL'ite

Count me in for vinegar and baking soda cleaning. I clean my bathtub, sink, counter with vinegar and baking soda. Baking soda is a good deodorizer and vinegar is a good disinfectant. The combination works perfect. Try it.

-Uma