1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Cleaning our Backsides and Toilets

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,

You know i stopped posting about Tuffy and Bingo here, bcs the last blog on them, maybe 6 months back did not get a single FB, so i stopped the series here.It was good as long as it lasted.

Regarding the loo and potty blogs, well public wants it, and i give them what they want.

If u have seen the movie, 3 idiots , it is all about pee, potty, passing gas, stripping down, and the public like u and me lapped it up.

And i wrote a blog 4 idiots, the 4th idiot being me. Most of the movie was based on my blogs, 6 important sequences were lifted from my blogs, and i was an idiot to let them go, and not take a penny from them, nor an apology.

REgarding this blog about the girl, i will tend to disagree with u here.
    If all the girls were made to clean the toilets, and if this girl committed suicide , then i would blame the girl.

If a child is targetted for a job, the child feels humilaitated, and on teh top of it, the other kids make fun of it.Even if it was a part of the deal between the school and the girls mother, that in lieu of fees, both the mother and daughter have to clean the toilets, i find the school at fault here.

I agree with u regrding the parents who pamper the children, and have a retinue of servants for them, for these guirls when they grow up and if they have to settle abroad, and have to do all the work, as is the norm, they have a hard time adjusting.

Regards

kamal

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear BeeAmma,

Well said by Swami Vivekananda.Yes bcs of this many have turned Buddhists and Christians too.And the government has spoilt them further by reserving jobs for them, which means they will get the job by caste and not by merit.Give them free education, not free jobs.

thanks for taking the trouble BA, thanks.

Regards

kamal

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi,

Everyone is copying me u see.3 idiots came a few months back and it ws all about pottys and pee, and farting, they copy me eh ,i have been writing this for the last many donkeys years.HAHA

Yes she will have to do all this, for sure.there is no choice abroad, but here we are spoilt by the cheap labour available.But when labour plays traunt, do it yourself instead od weeping adn crying and cajoling the maid to come back.

Glad u liked the jokes, see the jokes in the new one i just posted.

Thanks.kamal

4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Meena,

thanks for the second visit.Yes i can understand, that u feel the burden when u do those, but it is like cleaning our bums, we dont like it, but we dont crib, dot it and come out.HAHA

Thank u for the kind words, i dont like to preach, for i am ignorant of the other people of india, i say what i would do for my kids, and family.I dont have any shame, for i consider work is worship, i have been taught that since a young age.

And i value money a lot, as u must be seeing from my blogs:rotfl

Thanks a ton, u made my day Meena.

Regards

kamal

5. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

DEar Kamalji....
    Another thread from you on such serious note....
    In this case I blame the parents the girl who committed suicide because they haven't managed to inculcate the sense of responsibility and self pride in their child so that she can stand up to pressures... also they have not managed to keep a window open from their side to let the troubled mind of the child confide her fears to them instead of taking these drastic steps:rant:rant
    I blame the parents of these girls who mocked her because they have failed to teach their daughters sense of respect and sensitivity towards others misery:spin:spin
    I blame the school teachers who have completely failed to stop such mockery
    I blame the school principal for vetting out such a stupid "punishment" for not paying fees and going out of her way to humiliate the child... she is not fit to be a Teacher... It would be better to rusticate the girl than confer upon her such punishments... knowing that it will humiliate and torment the girl...:spin:spin
    Now I know that you have spoken about dignity of labour and no shame in cleaning the toilets etc but Kamalji.. in the western world this would never be a punishment.....as this act is not defined as "unclean or humiliating":rant so the intention of the principal was inhuman... and if people like these are going to so call "educate" our youth you can imagine where the country will head to:bonk I think the medieval times are here again..
    I really hope and pray that the youth today understands "dignity of labour" as they feel that when they graduate they have a chip on their shoulders and "know it all" and small jobs are NOT their jobs:rant
    I leave you with these thoughts maybe you can write another post on this
    K

6. jaishvats

jaishvats Bronze IL'ite

Dear Kamalji

A very thought provoking post.

First of all punishing a student for not being able to pay the fees is so RIDICULOUS. Send her out of the school if it matters so much. Its not her fault. Whats the point punishing her?

In a corporate environment if there is an issue everyone including the offender's boss and his boss's boss right till the top management would be reprimanded and penalised. The same thing should happen to educational bodies. Dont we have any regulatory bodies here?

Kids teasing one another is common in school. Teasing and getting teased is part of school life because its still a tender age not matured enough. But the teachers and principal should be punished for this kind of behaviour.

As you rightly said whats the big deal in cleaning toilets? Its just part of personal hygeine.

We Indians tend to give too much hype and importance to things of 'respect'and things of 'humiliation'. We have ministers falling at each others feet, people being obsessed with titles and so-called humiliations like these.

7. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

It is indeed very shocking news and the school principal should made responsible for that.

Somewhere i read, even Narayanmurthy cleans their toilet weekly.

It is our work, why should we feel ashame of it. First of all, we should learn to respect "Hard Work" Rather TYPE of work. Indians always gives importance to type of work, disregarding, whether the person is actually working or idling away his time.

A very engrossing post. have a great day.

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kelly,

Dont tell me to write anothe rone on this, as it is Cheeniya my dear friends feels i write a lot on this subject.Readers will kill me if i write more on this.HAHA

kids will make fun of other kids, but it is up to the teachers to step in.And why make just one student do it, not fair, just bcs she is not able to pay her fees on time ?

You know kelly, i had a wish long time back, even today, to pay the fees, for some poor students, say two or three a year, who cannot afford the convent schools.and buy them two set lf school uniforms, a bicycle, ofcurse the books too, that is not much really as way of giving, but according what one can afford to give and help.

this would be better than feeding the professional beggars, or giving the already rich temples, give and help to the right people, get them educated, and maybe u change a few generations of that child.

Well said Kelly, agree with yu all the way.

thanks.

kamal

why doont u write blogs, u write RB's so well, come one and write.

Regards

kamal

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jai,

This is one post , that i thought would sink, for it is of a different nature than the ones i usally write, but i am glad to see the good reaction to the issue being discussed here.

Are there no benefactors who can pay the girl's fee ? how much would the fee be ? 12000 a year, what else ? Yes , what u said is so true of ministers falling over the feet of others, is that not ridiculous too.

Yes , what is the big deal of cleaning the toilet, so true.

thanks a ton.

Regards

kamal

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Radhika,

i will tell u a very interesting case of my office which is upstairs over the home.

We have a staff toilet, and the ladies who work, and the men, they eat Gutka, and they go and throw the foil of the pacjket in the toilet which gets blocked, and all the **** overflows.

i have the sweepress , she too does not touch it, and i have to call the sweeper from outside, who charges me 200/- to put his hand in the **** an take out the pouches, and put a bottle or two of dilute acid, to clean it.

The ones who are responsible, too do not want to clean the toilet, and wait for teh sweeper to come.

this is the mentality these days , what to do.

thank a ton.

Regards

kamal