1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Cleaning fans

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by sita_r, Jun 11, 2012.

1. sita_r

sita_r Bronze IL'ite

Yesterday was cleaning day for fans, and i realised that even with the high stool it is not in comfortable reach for me to clean them.
    I brush it with the broom once which is fine, but to wipe them with cloth i am not able to reach them properly. Usually i depend on DH for these tasks.
    Are there any brushes or mops that can be used for cleaning fans easily.
    Or any other tips that can help short people like clean it comfortably.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

sita,

There is a memory that teases me, i have seen these static nylon brushes that can be bent, but where did i see them in chennai is not coming to me. you can bend them at 90 degrees and 45 degrees allowing you to clean the fan without any issues..infact i am thinking more heard from the time latharam asked the same query in another thread.

the other thing is using a sturday stool.. and use a old pillow cover..just allow the cover to slide into the fan blade and just rub as you do while towelling your back..it helps removing the dust. but do ensure you do not do it hard, as today's fans the blade is prone to bend with a little pressure...

if you are creative, you can make your own cloth duster that bends to clean the top cup, rod and the fan upper blade..

you find these cleaning brushes abroad , and my search starts to find one here..if anybody else has come across can also update this thread.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Casabella-Microfiber-Ceiling-Fan-Duster/8467160

1 person likes this.
  3. sita_r

sita_r Bronze IL'ite

Will check out this weekend at the stores for some products like the one you have mentioned. Using old pillow covers sounds good too, the dust will not fall down that way. Will try out on some fans this saturday.

4. Nanimom

Nanimom Gold IL'ite

Hi I recently purchased a lond handled wiper esp made for cleaning fan from chennai.. It was made in such way that the fan wings will go inside the duster and both the sides will get cleaned simultaneosly, its very comfortable and u dnt need any high chair.. It costs 220rs..

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

exactly that is what i was talking about nanimom..where did you get it from...

6. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Dear Nanimom,

Thanks for the info that it is available in chennai. I saw this brush picture in a magazine. But don't know where it is available. It will be of great help if you povide that info also. Not checked in Saravana Stores yet. Thanks in advance.

Regards
    Manjukps

7. kirthihema

kirthihema Bronze IL'ite

Two weeks back there was article on kumudam snehide about cleaning products and there they mentioned about this brush if you could read the book it will help you

8. BeeAmma

BeeAmma Silver IL'ite

9. Nanimom

Nanimom Gold IL'ite

Hi all, very very sorry for the late reply, I got that duster @porur, the shop is near the signal, the shop is exclusively for bath room cleaning items.. its a small shop only but we will get all the trendy ones..
    I too read in kumudham, they mentioned that it is available in evening bazaar..

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

where in porur and which signal??