1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Cleaning Bathroom Tiles - Hard water

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by AVM, Oct 5, 2009.

1. AVM

AVM Bronze IL'ite

Hi All:
    I am back to IL after marriage.

I am starting my new life in a new house (not exactly).
    We had rented a house which quite old and I as a good wife shud keep it neat & tidy without coplaining :)

Bathroom tiles on the wall is very dirty with some stains.
    Can anyone give me tips to clean them ?

Water in this area is really very hard. This stains vessels, sinks and tiles.

Any tips to clean them and maintaining will be very helpful.
    Thanks!!

2. ananyakapoor

ananyakapoor New IL'ite

congrats on ur newly married life

to clean ur bathroom tiles u need 2 work a little harder initially...

buy the 'CEF' cream from any indian stores and apply it in the tiles and then scrub it with scortch bite till the stain goes and then wash away with water hope this helps

3. AVM

AVM Bronze IL'ite

Thanks ananya.. let me try

4. Harithag

Harithag Gold IL'ite

Hi AVM,

Congrats on your marriage.

Try harpic for cleaning bath room tiles.It really works.

5. nehajagadeesh

nehajagadeesh Senior IL'ite

AVM,
    you can try Easy of Bang! here in Bahrain also its hardwater and belive me it really works good , its easy for my maid to clean and keep it clean:thumbsup

6. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

The area in which we stay also has terribly hard water. I first use domex (thick) on the tiles and let it be for few mins. Then i pour easy off bang on these stains and wash it off.

The tiles will be very clean.

-Lakshmi

7. pratibha1616

pratibha1616 Senior IL'ite

I used everthing..easy off bang, harpik, domex..but the best product I found is Mr. Muscle toilet and bathroom cleaner..really it works very will for the tiles, floor and toilet as well.

8. AkhileshS

AkhileshS New IL'ite

Hi AVM,
    Entering into new house is pragmatic during initial days but once maintained and used to the nooks and corners of the house it would become easy.
    For your problem, simple and not expensive-
    Go to Hardware store, buy Two sheets of ZERO paper (Emery paper).
    Sprinkle water on the floor, hold a quarter size Emery paper in your palm and rub the surface gently dipped in ODOPIC from Indian Store (AJAX) powder or liquid. While cleaning you will feel that the hardwater/ slight white cement/ residue deposit and other marks have been removed.
    Wash it with clean water.
    I use TWO sheets of Emery paper per month for three toilet in my house and it costs me only Rs. 12 to keep the basin, bowl and floor spotless and shining.
    Regards!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2010
  9. Curryqueen

Curryqueen New IL'ite

Congratulations on your marriage!

I moved to a country with quite hard water and water stains, dirty tiles and tough stains are often difficult to deal with. I've tried Mr Muscle Bathroom cleaner and it is quite good for making everything shine, okay to use on a daily basis for bath, shower, sinks, floors. Maybe best to dilute it in hot water. Cif, Jif cream is made by Unilever and the Super Cream in the blue bottle is good to apply to tiles, leave for a minute and then they are shining.
    If you can find Clorox Clean-up, buy a small bottle, and attach a trigger spray from an old Windex bottle. Spray this on the really, really dirty black mould spots, and leave it to worl. Rinse about half an hour later and you'll be surprised!
    Vinegar is a cheap and extremely safe and "green" way of cleaning everything. Add 2 parts of vinegar to one part of hot water and hard-water build-up will vanish!
    Sorry for the lengthy post, these are all options you can try. They all work, so having experienced this cleaning problem, I wanted to share my findings with you.

kiran82 likes this.
  10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

We were shopping for tiles and we came across johnson (?) bathroom tile cleaners specially for hard water and it was reasonably priced too..