1. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Liked anything that you read here? You may nominate it as the Finest Posts!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

class XI admissions in south chennai

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by n.yamuna, Mar 27, 2010.

1. n.yamuna

n.yamuna New IL'ite

Dear friends

My son is in class 10 I would like to know the admission process and possibilies for class 11 in south chennai schools, your suggesions are going to help me very much for the future planning also I would be happy if somebody can tell me the good schools for science group too

thanks
    yamuna

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hey yamuna,

how are you. welcome back. this year very sure?? (just kidding pah, don't take it too seriously.). but do you know all that covers getting seat in engineering or medicine. if you are a nri, then you get into these colleges only through nri quota. you should have been in in india for the last 5 years.

If it is cbse modern school, chellammal, dav adambakkam.

stateboard sai matriculation, prince school..

Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
  3. n.yamuna

n.yamuna New IL'ite

Hi shanti

thanks for your greetings,its too late now I can think of only 11 and 12 atleast, but great confusion regarding which is the best option (in muscat itself or in chennai) coz he is intrested in engineering, if you can show some light on which college to choose later on if he is going to study11 & 12th in chennai school will there be any problem in getting admission in some good engineering college please help me dear

yamuna

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

yamuna,

personally all the good private colleges take a different channel for nri.
    that is the leading engineering colleges like srm, vit and all. and you need to pay in NRI currency.

you can continue in muscat, and then take the admission for engineering directly. call veda, few of his colleagues have sent their kids to shastra, vit and others. REC has a special entrance through some $4000 scheme too..

Personally there is no difference in the cost of living in both the places. but the edge of competition and trying AEEE and other entrances is better in chennai rigmarole.