1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Cinema par excellence- Amir and 'Taare Zameen Par'…VERSIONS

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Megalife, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

I watched 'Taare Zameen Par' again yesterday, the third time;….. the immortal magic of 'Taare Zameen Par' and the great message it puts forth still melts into my mind every time I get a chance to watch it. The touching tale of a dyslexic little protagonist and his transformation with the help of his teacher! This time also the movie managed to make me emotional with tears running down my cheeks.
    Unlike any other enlightening entertainer which focuses more on the hero, Aamir has given the child more footage and captured every emotion deftly thereby focusing on its root cause and maintaining its significance throughout the movie. The story is unusual but not unknown. 8 year old boy Ishaan (Darsheel ) who finds it difficult to match his world of colors, kites and animals to that of the others in his age group. Darsheel Safary, the kiddo, delivers a sensational performance. His expressions, body language, eyes, dialogue delivery – absolutely perfect.
    A number of sequences leave you damp eyed and you feel deeply attached to the child. At the end of the movie you are left speechless and spellbound!!!!!:bowdown
    I still remember the first time I watched it at the movie hall. The enthusiasm and chatter that surrounds a crowd exiting the theater was missing. Some would be walking in slow motion. Some would look petrified and in cacophony. At least that’s what I observed. The first thing people said to each other was -Aamir Bhai has done it again.
    This was Amir Khan’s directorial debut ; the movie sees Aamir in 3 roles Actor – Director – Producer. Only Aamir can make a film like Taare. :thumbsup
    But let us assume he did not make it and we had the Kkhans, Joharrs, bhansaalis making it…..
    Bhansali flavor; Of course the whole film would be shot on elaborate sets. The school would be nothing short of Eton; and Darsheel an Etonian. An intricate orchestra would play every time anyone cried. A different camera angles for every scene, classy school uniforms and a film crossing the budget half way in the production.
    The Farahh Adaptation: King Khan as the teacher (in those times, 2007, they were close up buddies), with a powerful opening presence and dominant screen presence of SRK for about 90 % of the movie time, who cares if the script demands it!!!!!
    The story would be changed to make sure the above happened. The focus of the film would be a teacher who helps a kid fight dyslexia. In an attempt to be the complete entertainer, there would be a romantic angle, comedy, and action thrown in. SRK falls in love with another colleague (teacher) who will most probably be a leggy damsel new-comer. The festive film promotions will be Sharuk and more Sharuk ………lots of adverts for the new-girl and and a tiny role for the kid.
    Made the Johar style:
    Again SRK lands a fleshy role as the arts teacher , Gauri as the science teacher, Aryan as Ishaan even if he not “actable” material, who can be bothered…the whole idea is to please SRK right? Kajol as the kids mom, SRK (double role ) as kids dad. Again SRK triple role as the school Princy.
    It has to be shot in London, NY, LA or some similar places to suit the appeal of the NRI audience, not to suit the plot. The last scene will have the mom (kajol) hugging SRK (it can be the Principal/teacher or the dad)…….doesn’t matter, all it matters is Kajol should hug Mr. Khan…..it sells like hot cake!!!!! It would have one dance number.The film would be titled Kuch Khatta Khatti Kahanni.:cheers

I appreciate the efforts Aamir khan has put in on the subject & movie. It touches all the parental chords in your body. Kudoos Aamir, I give you a standing ovation.:rotfl

8 people like this.

2. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Hahaha Megalife! Good imagination on the directors' take on Taare Zameen Par. Yes, the film would most likely have lost its sensitivity in the hands of these big-shot directors.

It's rather bold of Aamir to take a film with a child artist as the protagonist. What's even more amazing was that given the stardom he has, Aamir actually opted to appear only halfway through the film, giving the audience ample of time to understand and fall in love with Darsheel.

Having said that, I must say that the credits of the film cannot be given to Aamir solely. The seed of Taare Zameen Par was actually planted by Amol Gupte. He was originally signed to be the director but due to some misunderstanding that Aamir had with regards to his direction, Amol was then made the creative director with Aamir taking over the directorial cap.

But to prove that he is in fact a good director, Amol eventually made Stanley Ka Dabba casting his son Partho Gupte as the protagonist. Just like Taare Zameen Par, Stanley Ka Dabba too revolves around school children, only it deals with child labour.

3 people like this.
  3. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Haha... Megalife,

You made me into splits. Especially Bhansali & Karan Johar versions are too humorous. SRK in Triple role... :rotfl:rotfl

2 people like this.
  4. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

I agree with this Sofea. And Stanley ka dabba is also at par with TZP.. but could not reach as wide as TZP. I have enjoyed watching the movie and the Child labour issue also dealt subtley and especially Partho acting is too good.

2 people like this.
  5. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sofea
    Thanks for the first and supreme FB......added body to my OP. I have heard great reviews on Stanley ka dabba but have not yet watched it....will do so asap....your review got me moving!
    And yeah....watched faceoff (trevoltas master-act) the day before, impressed all over!
    Mega

6. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Hahaha yeah, and that too with a mandatory hug from Kajol to any one of the three SRKs :biglaugh

1 person likes this.
  7. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Hi Pallavi
    Let’s make those versions under the production banner “MEGA-PALLAVI Productions”…..you never know, if our time is right (like the KOLAVERI song) we might get famous and bag OSCARs (although not in Bollywood ……there will be a whole lobby against us)
    Thanks buddy for being in here!
    Mega

1 person likes this.