1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Cincinnati Flower Show

Discussion in 'Indians in Cincinnati' started by SupriyaDinesh, Apr 23, 2009.

1. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Friends,
    There is a flower show going in Cincinnati.Any one been there?We are planning to go this weekend.

Check this Cincinnati Flower Show

2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Supriya,

just saw this today :bonk. Did you make it to the flower show and what's your opinion? I go there every year and this year I loved the children's section! - a couple of my friends chaired the whole thing and I thought they did an awesome job.

3. SupriyaDinesh

Rama,
    we did visit the flower show.It was different from what i have expected.i did not see any children's section.Can you elaborate what your friends chained?

4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

There was a huge white tent area set up specifically for children to the left as we enter just before the main section - it had many activities like plant your own plants in a basket, pick your own tomato and marigold plants, make your own bird houses, make your own salsa and chips, animal petting area, bake your own pie and this really cool activity of filling a stocking with sand and grass seed, tying it up and then making a face on it - so that when the grass grows, it looks like hair on head! All of this was free including all the items and plants that were given. Sorry if you missed the children's section, next time if you come, you should check out - your little one will love it.

5. SupriyaDinesh

Oh yeah..Yes we visited that tent.My son liked the farm animals.