CICSE and IG boards

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by behappy2012, Jan 9, 2013.

1. behappy2012

behappy2012 New IL'ite

As per my understanding, even though ICSE is Indian, CBSE is recognised better than CICSE in India whereas CICSE is recognised internationally. So,

1. In case if a parent wish for international recognition, can he/she choose IG board itself rather than CICSE?
    2. In case if the student from IG board is not in a situation to go abroad for his college, will he be able to survive in Indian colleges with education from IG board?

Kindly reply.

2. behappy2012

behappy2012 New IL'ite

So many views but no reply. Pls help

3. newsoul

newsoul Bronze IL'ite

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

once you have decided to put your kiddo in cbse, no two thoughts..let it rest new soul.

And as a mother of a two teenagers who are in senior classes, i would say no school/ no syllabus makes a difference in tamilnadu, unless a parent has change in his attitude towards education along with the school...

1 person likes this.
  5. behappy2012

behappy2012 New IL'ite

Thanks darshanam for your valuable inputs.

@new soul, as Shanthi said, don't think back if u have already joined the kid in CBSE. After a long research & consideration only, you would have chosen CBSE. So just stick to it and it will work out. Irrespective of systems, coming up in life depends on child & parents only. In order to have knowledge, you can surf but after u made decision, don't look back:)

6. behappy2012

behappy2012 New IL'ite

No problem

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

are you saying that parents maturity levels are zilch. sorry to say there is nothing directly related to the maturity levels of parents.. let us agree to disagree..and please check out cisce schools..there is a change there too, there is politics and there is more even there.

for your information i am from icse and i can still say it was the best/ is the best but not what it used to be before..my dh is from stateboard, and from a public corporation school and he is a finance professional. and my kids are in cbse.

i am looking at a dream of completely revamping the education system. each person at the hemp @#@#@ it a little in the name of leaving his mark there.. and the worst was by sibal...

1 person likes this.
  8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

for your information i am from icse and i can still say it was the best/ is the best but not what it used to be before..my dh is from stateboard, and from a public corporation school and he is a finance professional. and my kids are in cbse.

i rest my case

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

darshanam,

it was not meant as a brag as you appear to take it. it was just a comparison that i was making that sometimes it is more than the board, and testimony to that is there even in il. i know of ladies doing wonderfully inspite of coming out of tamil medium.

when i was in school, then icse did allow hindi as a medium of writing the examination. the rule changed in 1986 and incidentally we were the last batch. if i am not mistaken..and those where the times an addition of 10% was given to a person from icse. today that has been removed. cbse/cisce/stateboard get the same treatment. but the advantage that a ciscse student has when it comes to competitive, entrances exams at the national level is incomparable

So let us let things lie, and keep day dreaming for a better model of education...

1 person likes this.
  10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

your links reminds me of an ilite who used to post these earlier..i do not want to name.. maybe you are the same...