Choosing baby names...

Discussion in 'Baby Names & Birth Announcements' started by simi, Sep 3, 2005.

1. simi

simi Junior IL'ite

Hi,

I'm due for delivering my baby this month. So we are busy hunting for names for my baby (both boy names & girl names, because we did not find out the sex of our baby and wanted to keep it a suspense).

Now the main confusion :)confused:) we have in choosing names for our baby is how we choose it - I mean based on what we choose the starting letter of the name?

Some people tell us we need to wait to know the birth star of the baby and then choose starting letters that might suit the star and then go for names.

Few others tell us that we need to know the birth star, then see numerology to know the suitable starting letters.

Is both methods the same? Otherwise, which one is the best method to choose starting letters for naming a baby?

Please share your experience in naming your kids, if you had gone through any of these methods or some other too.

Thanks a lot.

2. rohini

rohini New IL'ite

Names based on numerology is something more...

Hi Simi,

My name is based on just my birth star - ¨Rohini¨
    There are few other stars like ¨swati¨, ¨Bharani¨, etc. which are also used as names if born in that particular star.

Naming based on numerology is something more...

My brother´s kid was named based on numerology. This is how they chose the name.

First, they noted the birth star of the kid - it was ´poosam´.
    Then they consulted an astrologist who worked out the number suiting the birth star and said the kid should be named with letters starting with A, K, S, etc.
    So they chose the name ¨Adhitya¨.

Hope this helps in seeing the difference between the naming types.

Have a safe delivery and good luck!

3. Roshni

Roshni Local Champion Staff Member Senior IL'ite

These days numerology is gaining more importance

Hi Simi,

Have you already delivered? Is it a boy or girl? Good luck!

Coming to choosing starting letter for naming your baby, I know these days numberology is gaining more importance. So in addition to naming based on the star, it is good to work out numerology too and then choose a name.

I know many people, who included additional letters in their names or business names after seeing numerology. Like a friend of mine, name 'Karthik', changed his name recently to 'Kaarthik' on seeing numerology.

So it is better you work out those initially, if you are very particular!

4. nirupama

nirupama New IL'ite

Numerology - Life path number!

Hi Simi,

I know a very little about numerology that I got to read long back in a book. Numerology deals with something called the "lifepath number" (ranging between 1 to 9). Life path number is the sum of the birth date.

For eg: Your baby is born on 23-Sep-2005, the life path number is:
    2+3+9(month)+2+0+0+5 = 21 -> adding it further -> 2 +1 = 3

The alphabets take the value from 1 to 9. The value keeps repeating for every 9 alphabets. Hence, alphabets with value '3' are C, L, U

So for the baby born with life path number 3, according to numerology, you can name him/her with letters starting with C, L and U.

You may want to consult for more details in the numerology websites or with a numerologist, if you are interested.