1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Choice!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Jun 3, 2013.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Your feedback leaves me wondering how to respond, other than saying a big THANKS Viswa. And to pursue the inner self, one needs to have an enormous trust in it and should always be feeling that he is guided by someone above, who always makes the right choices. But this may at times be against what the world follows, which does not matter to the one following it. And I agree that even the one who tries to follow the inner self, there are more distractions than for the others following the world. The demons that lie inside won't leave that easily and may pose as though they are subdued. A continuous vigil and a guidance from those above, may help us to proceed in the path of the truth, the path of the inner self. Thanks a lot Viswa for such a superb feedback. -rgs

1 person likes this.
  2. rgsrinivasan

Overwhelmed is the word I say again and again and AGAIN, when receiving such an appreciation from you Racr. Thanks for seconding the nomination too. I just wonder how to respond to such an open appreciation which is way above what I am and what I attempt to write [no joke!]. I will read your snippet Racr and will respond too. Thanks again, for your support. -rgs

1 person likes this.
  3. rgsrinivasan

Having so many choices overwhelms us, yes, I agree with you Arch1209. And you talked about multiple choice questions - I have faced even the worse variety where there was negative marking and more than one correct answer was possible for many questions. For a moment, I rued now about not making it hence lost the opportunity of doing a masters in a prestigious institute. But then, I choose to move away from it again.

Thanks for your crisp feedback and the appreciation. -rgs

4. rgsrinivasan

Thanks Aspire, for your appreciation and the information you gave. I didn't know it earlier. And to your question
    - You have already answered it - our subconscious mind perhaps. But how does it get the information that we are not aware of? Does it accumulate all the experiences from the previous births or whatever? See! You chose to ask a question which leads to many more and I only blink, being helpless. Thanks again. -rgs

5. rgsrinivasan

You are far more practical Syamala. You tried to explain this using a choice based on your simple small activities. And thats definitely right, I feel. There is an old saying - "Take care of the small things. The big things will take care of themselves!". And however small or insignificant we may find ourselves or what we do, they all make a huge impact one day to something. A big wave consists of small water droplets. Isn't it? Thanks for your nice feedback. -rgs

6. rgsrinivasan

Good questions Satchi. Out of own experience and that of others', a bit of knowledge, a dose of luck and sometimes a sheer almost foolish dare, we decide one though we may like to choose many. Its fine that we picked one, but we should at least not worry about missing the other 4, after picking one. Right?
    Or, lets decide something way above that the choices that we must make are too limited and has a definite no reversing guarantee. Sometimes, having a choice itself is a boon. Right? Thanks for your feedback. -rgs

1 person likes this.
  7. rgsrinivasan

First of all, thanks for your lavish appreciation and saying that my posts are winners Kamla madam. I am happy to reach many and get feedback from others. And I'll consider myself gifted if I earn a prize in this stiff competition. Never had I any hard feeling for not getting one.

What you posted [from FB] are cute. I particularly liked the fourth and fifth [my choice]. Thanks again. -rgs

8. racr

racr Platinum IL'ite

You say this snippet is an 'afterthought' ..
    I beg to differ!
    Its one of the choicest gifts you have given us,
    So 'Thanks' is due again and again and again from us!

P.S.: That post I'm referring to is an old one and you have responded there with a beautiful verse on Choices,which is like a personal one for my post..will treasure that. I'm posting it here,so that others also get the pleasure to read it

While I grew up there weren't much
    Choices for me to decide upon.
    Yet I was confused to choose which
    And happily accepted and moved on.

Not that I never know to decide,
    But my knowledge about them
    And the impact that were wide
    Made me a lot afraid, then!

Now when I see my child,
    Listing her options neat
    And choosing one, not wild
    I feel so good and upbeat.

I don't feel bad for not
    Having many options then.
    Now too I can start
    But without worrying!

-By the one and wonly RGS!

1 person likes this.
  9. rgsrinivasan

Sorry first for being lazy that I did not check your snippet on choice and see whether I responded Racr.
    And this kind of adulation makes me feel giddy too!

Just 1 clarification: Most of my verses are on the spot composition, getting the substance from the post to which I respond to. So, if my verse is any good, its due to your post that was too good [Yes, I remember now! :)]. I hate to be called a verse factory or something, even by myself by the way. THANKS again. -rgs

10. racr

racr Platinum IL'ite

I'm sorry,RGS.. wrong choice of words by me..I knew after posting that it was so,but chose not to edit it.No one would call you a 'verse factory',perish forbid!

1 person likes this.