1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Chocolates And Pickles

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jul 2, 2019.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Chocolates and Pickles

You all must be thinking what Tittle is this Chocolates and Pickles, will it go together. For me Chocolates and Pickles are my favourite. Everyone serves vegetables first , for me with Pickle is a must. Some have pickles with dahi rice, but I start having it with Sambar rice itself, with Rasam pickle is very tasty and with dahi everyone loves it.Now a days you get pickle masala , soyou have just to cut the mangoes or Nimbu , add salt, add the pickle masala and then put oil in it. I like Mango pickle more . In January my husband had brought lot of Nimbus and we made pickle, after giving to my son and daughter the pickle was there till 17th June as here because only we both are there and my husband does not have much and only I have. For him if pickle is not there he doe snot mind but for me pickle is a must. Also like the Mango pickle cut into tiny bits

I love Chocolates too very much. What a surprise that my gran ddaughter is not fond of chocolates for that matter she isnot a foodie like me.. Once she was telling my husband while talking my mouth does not pain but when I eat my mouth pains when he asked why you are not eating . All children will be very fond of Chocolates and Ice cream but sh eis not. Whenever I go to Dubai or my daughteror son comes here they will buy fo mer lot of Chocolates especially the ones with something inside, other chocolates I dont like that much. After lunch or dinner I like to have Chocolates, now Chocolates are over so have bought a sweet to have.
    I have grown up by age but still young at heart , thats why I act like a kid sometimes. Senior Citizen control themselves about eating Chocolates but I like them very much

2. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

Viji ji, The title of your post caught my attention right away. The write up was very sweet like the chocolates you love !
    It is good to be young at heart.
    Can you please share your pickle recipe ? I hope I can make pickles for my sons and their families when they are older.

iyerviji and Thyagarajan like this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Lovely title I I too start read immediately. Thanks for several helpings of choco-pickle. Lemon pickle with curd bath & mango pulp together in my favourite.
    A lovely picking. Thanks for your vigour and vitality. You never age.
    Regards.

iyerviji and SinghManisha like this.
  4. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

I wonder why men don't enjoy pickles as much as we women do. I love pickles. But my husband hardly eats.
    My sister, mother and sister in law are pickle experts. So they give me.. Me and mother in law will enjoy pickle very much. Both hubby and FIL will be telling both of you don't eat pickle daily..

Your snippet is as sweet as the chocolate you have mentioned.. :)

5. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

Oh My!
    Seriously sinful
    Now I crave one!
    And also the pickle rice combination! hunger pangs dawn :)

6. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

OH MY!! I'm hungry and my mouth is watering with buckets of water.

Hot rice , ghee and pickle ... Yummmyyyyy na..

7. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Vijima, I have always loved pickles. Whenever I sat for food, mom, dad and my sister would start shouting saying are you eating pickle with rice or rice with pickle. i used to tell them look at your plates and eat, why are you all looking at mine. Then due to various issues, I stopped eating for a long time. Recently I thought what sin have I done to avoid all this. Now am facing the consequences. Sigh. It is all so unfair!

8. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Vijima both are my favourite too. My mouth already started watering seeing the title itself.
    It’s good to be young at heart :cheer:

9. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viji Madam,
    I love both chocolates and pickles. Chocolates I do not eat much....because I tell children not to eat and so I also do not eat....occasionally.
    Pickles.....Andhras make and eat a lot of pickles. With mango we make half a dozen varieties.Gongura (I do not know the equivalent English name), raw tamarind, red chillies and on and on. Hot rice with pickle and ghee....nothing can equal to the taste.
    Syamala

10. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Glad to know you liked the post. For pickles we use the ready made pickle masala in which everything is there. You just have to add that according to your taste

SinghManisha likes this.